Just returned from a 3 night stay with my husband of alsmost 40 years plus our 2 Boston Terriers.
We travel to a different city each year and have stayed in 5 star hotels before, but I must commend the staff and owner on this lovely mansion. The staff were extrememly accomodating from the concierge, wait staff and housekeeping. We felt very welcome and "at home." The mansion itself is gorgeous and beautifully appointed throughout. The staff gave great recommendations on everything we asked about. The Circa 1886 is also outstanding with the quality, quantity and presentations of their foods. The daily breakfast was also great with the fresh fruits, homemade pastries and the chef's daily specials. The dinner we had (3 for 42) was delicious and we even took pictures of our desserts. It was as tasty as it was beautifully presented. As far as the cost, if you stay at other Charleston high quality hotels, consider the free parking, outstanding individual choice breakfast (not a buffet), evening hor d'eovres with wine, cordials at any time, fresh tea and lemonade in the parlor daily as well as fresh made pastries and great coffee in the parlor each morning. You also have complimentary soft drinks and bottled water in the fridge in your room as well as free Wi-Fi (although slow it is functional although I used my MiFi). Plus the comfort. Our Garden Room was very large, with a really huge Jacuzzi tub as well as the huge walkin shower, a sun room with a wonderfully comfortable couch with flat screen. The King bed slept divinely and also had a large flatscreen with a multitude of channels. They were very gracious to our dogs as well, called them by name and had nice treats in bags for them when we arrived and were greeted at our car. We had our own entrance and a small patio with Bistro table and 2 chairs which was perfect for sipping coffee or wine.The architecture and ornate moldings and woodwork is beautiful. The Cupola was a great place to see a goreous pink sky sunset on Saturday evening. It is also a 10 minute walk to most of the major Charleston attractions. I can't say enough about the staff who were great. I must say we have never stayed at a nicer place and can't wait to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston