“Vendue Inn is first class in everyway!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter in Charleston
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Arizona
“Vendue Inn is first class in everyway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I traveled to the Vendue Inn for our Anniversay. It is is most quaint and beautiful place we have been to yet. The staff went above and beyond in every aspect of making us feel comfortable. The rooms were very romantic and beds were extremly comfortable. You can walk almost anywhere in downtown Charleston and is it righ tin the heart of what's happening. I liked best the way the staff and the Inn made me feel, very inviting. This is a place that will always be special to me and my spouse and are sure to visit as often as possible.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Hoopeston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

The Vendue Inn makes you feel like you are part of their family. The staff treat you like you are the only people staying at the Inn. They are so gracious and they tend to your every need. The rooms are great and definitly have southern comfort . It is great to go some place like the Vendue Inn and feel like you are coming home.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

My husband Marc and I recently stayed at the Vendue Inn in Charleston. It is a beautiful Inn well located in the charming French Quarter, a block from the ocean. The rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds and lovely antiques.
The Vendue Inn has a great roof top bar that provides some of the best views of the city.
The real gem at the Inn is the concierge, Glen Tucker. He is extremely knowledgeable about the city, it's history and it's restaurant. We spent 5 nights there and he gave a great deal of attention and useful information that really enhanced our vacation and our time in Charleston and we would heartily recommend the place to all family and friends.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

My husband and I were recently at the Vendue Inn (May 16-May 20) celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. The inn is very special to us as it was the first place we went on vacation together after we met and then it is where we stayed when we got married in 2005 (we actually got married on Folly Beach). We hadn't been to the inn since then, and, were really looking forward to getting back!

We booked a King Jr. Suite. A little more expensive than we really needed, but, hey, we were celebrating!

We checked in May 16th. Everything was fine with the check in process. We were in the white building across the street from the main inn, room 256. Ironically, this was the room next door to the very first room we stayed at in 2004! Anyway, we loved the room. It was large, well appointed, and the bed was to die for (and VERY high off the ground; required a stepping stool. This room would not be a good choice for any disabled patrons!) I have attached pictures of the room and the bathroom (also very nice; we took a soak in the whirlpool tub every night!)

Other nice things about the room: The fireplace (yes, we did actually use it; even though it was 85 or so on Saturday, it got quite chilly Monday). Also, they leave a decanter of sherry (I think for the suites). Yum. Like I said, the bed was wonderful; I saw another guest wrote in the registry, "It was like sleeping in clouds". We'd agree! The toiletries were very nice; orange smelling; light. Only bad thing: the bathsalts did not foam up in the tub. Sorta blah. But, we sure smelled good! Towels/wash cloths very thick and soft.

Bad things (not really bad, just not great): The maid service was a tad off. One night they forgot to bring toilet paper. Another night, bath salts. They changed the turn down service, too. You used to get two squares of chocolate; now, some sheet of paper with misc. trivia. I'd rather have the chocolate!

Although the room itself was very nice, we'd probably ask not to be put back in that particular room only because it was near the top of the stairs, the ice machine, and the maid supply room. At times, it got quite loud. The maids, although friendly, seemed to like to slam doors shut a lot. Sure, most people would be out and about at 3 or so in the pm, but, we WERE on vacation and enjoying the room, the bed, etc.

In addition to the superior location, by far, the best thing about the Vendue Inn is the service. EVERYONE was so darn nice. And, everyone went above and beyond to ensure we had a great time and had everything we needed (maid service mentioned about not-with-standing). In particular, we appreciated the service/advice from Jerry (manager), Adam (waiter) and Susie (GM). I got a big kick out of the fact that I uploaded a picture of me on the huge bed (attached) and referred to feeling like "Edith Ann". Susie saw the picture (she got a notification because I'd mentioned the inn) and recognized me one afternoon at the wine/cheese reception. Whenever I saw her, she'd ask how "Edith Ann" was doing. Too cool.

We were really pleased with the wine/cheese reception; much improved over the last time we were there in 2005. We WISH we could have the buffet breakfast back, but, understand the economy. What we had for breakfast was fine, though.

We went to the Rooftop Bar twice; both times were fun (listening to 80s music) and we were amazed how crowded it was Saturday (we didn't go; we saw a huge line to get in and so opted for the water front park and a cigar instead). On one of the nights we went there was some confusion with my drink order, but, it all got worked out.

We ate at The Library Tuesday (I'll do a separate review).

Our only down side had nothing to do with the inn, rather, rude guests. We can't blame the inn for this.

Sunday morning we came down from our room and walked thru the lobby of the building we were in to head over across the street for breakfast (BTW, coffee/papers available there). There was a group of ladies doing yoga (or something) on the big rug in the room. They made no effort to get out of our way and we had to trip across them to get to the door. One woman wouldn't even move her FEET out of my way. They, apparently, felt they had every right in the world to hog up that room and be rude to other guests.

Sunday night, there was a bunch of people in the room down the hall from us having some sort of rip roaring party. Very, very loud at almost midnight. My husband shouted at them twice to quiet down; finally, he called the front desk. They must have taken care of it because they finally shut up. Really, what do people think? That the rest of the world wants to listen to them carry on? Again, not the inn's fault (it really makes me wonder about some people, though).

BTW, the walls are sorta thin. We heard the people below us having a "good time" on more than one occassion.

Still, we love the Vendue Inn. We discussed that, whenever we return to Charleston, we'll always stay there. Why not? They deserve our business!

BTW, it is definitely cheaper to go Sun-Thurs. Which is what we'll probably do in the future. Rates went down $90 Sun night.

Apparently, pets are welcome, too. Hmmm...might have to look in to that!

Thanks to everyone there...y'all are doing a fantastic job!

Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We chose this hotel from the internet, which always entails an element of doubt. The pictures and descriptions of their location, accommodations and services appeared to be what we were looking for. We were greeted warmly at the curb by a uniformed doorman, who called us by name. The check in was smooth, quick and gracious. The explanation of services and amenities was clear and concise. A porter took our luggage and showed us to our room, offering to help in any way he could during our stay. Our room was decorated in very attractive period furniture, the bathrooms were luxuriously appointed, including large soft, fluffy bath towels, and a four poster bed and most comfortable mattress. The covers were turned down for us each evening upon our return from dinner.

Breakfasts were complementary, served in our choice of two very attractive dining rooms, and included a wide variety of menu choices. We found the service to be impeccable, the food excellent, and the surroundings most pleasant.

Without exception, the staff- from the concierge to the wait staff, to the evening bartender- were well trained, most friendly, and seemed devoted to making our stay as pleasant and as carefree as possible. Pampered is the word that comes to mind. We left the Inn at the end of our stay without a single suggestion for what could have been better or different. I have rarely, if ever, been able to say that about many other places in which we have stayed.

In our view, the Vendue Inn sets a standard to which other similar accommodations should aspire.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

Loved the Vendue Inn...we found a deal for two nights thru luxury link. It included breakfast and one dinner in that package!
The shower knob was a little wierd since the pipes are pretty old in the hotel.

Would highly recommend staying at the Vendue Inn!!!
Go and see Glenn the concierge!

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I stayed one night for business, entertaining customers. The bed and furnishings were very comfortable.
The walls are pretty thin, I could hear the conversation in the guest room next to mine. I'm glad all I could hear were voices :)

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business

Been to The Vendue? Share your experiences!