“Amazing Location, Super Friendly Staff, and Cloud-like Beds!!!- M.M.Sheppard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Vendue

You added The Vendue to your Saves list
The Vendue
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Vendue Range, Charleston, SC 29401 (French Quarter)   |
Special Offer
$50 Credit + Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Amazing Location, Super Friendly Staff, and Cloud-like Beds!!!- M.M.Sheppard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My Fiancé and I have stayed at The Vendue Hotel in Charleston, SC twice and both stays were amazing. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The Vendue is in the perfect location, right next to the waterfront pier and Waterfront Park, wonderful for romantic strolls. Not to mention, walking distance from all the best restaurants and shopping. They have a beautiful restaurant and bar called the Drawing Room, and the Saturday night we were there they had a gentlemen playing live guitar which added to the spectacular ambiance. The Vendue also has a roof top bar with great views of the ocean and the Charleston Bridge during the afternoon, and in the evening, you are sure to have a fun night of drinks and conversation under the stars. The rooms have a cute southern charm that complements the spirit of Charleston and the beds are cloud-like. We will definitely be back to stay at this delightful hotel because their combination of service and style is hard to compete with. Love. Love, love The Vendue!!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent a girlfriends getaway trip at The Vendue in early December. We experienced excellent customer service from the moment we entered the 206 building. My signature queen room was clean, cozy, and mostly quiet. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can hear hallway noise. At the time of my stay, the hotel was offering a $50/day credit for on-site food and drink.The on-site restaurant is excellent, so used that towards breakfast and evening cocktails. The only glitch we experienced was at breakfast one morning when the servers overlooked our table for 20 minutes. Once I asked for service, heard two servers arguing over who had to take our table. But that was quickly settled and experienced no problems afterwards. The bar area is very small. Jennifer, the bartender, was a blast to talk to. The hotel's location offers a quick walk to shopping, sites and great restaurants. I'd definitely stay at The Vendue in the future.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

But sadly, I must. I first visited the Vendue in January 2010 and decided to return this January based on the steller experience I had during my first visit 4 years ago. (In the past 4 years I have recommended the Vendue to anyone and everyone who talks about going/staying in Charleston). What a disappointment this stay was. We stayed in 19 Vendue (the original) which was completely renovated. The inside is completely unrecognizable from where I stayed I 2010. They tried to make the inside super modern with very very odd and modern art, yet the rooms (at least the signature queen we stayed in - 206) are classic and historic Charleston - and quite frankly beautifully done. The rooms were just as I remembered from 2010. The hotel has quite an identity crisis.... modern and open in the lobby and hallways and yet historic and classy in the guest rooms. In 2010 the manager's wine and cheese reception was stocked with many different types of yummy and unique cheeses tucked in a private space in the hotel where we mixed with guests and hotel staff and this time there were some kraft cheddar cubes in the open to the public coffee shop - we decided it was not even worth our time! In 2010 your stay included a sit down complimentary breakfast of your choosing from their delicious restaurant, which now is not included. Needless to say I would not want to dine in the their renovated restaurant, the Dining Rooms which is quite oddly placed in the middle of the lobby. It feels like a place to get coffee, not a nice sit down breakfast or dinner. Despite the identity crisis my biggest disappointment was how incredibly LOUD the guest rooms were (I do not remember this from 2010, but I assume we were perhaps just in a better location). I did not get any sleep the first night of our stay on a Saturday as you could literally hear everything - I thought for sure our door was wide open and people were in our room. It was horrific. I heard every. single. movement. from our next door “neighbor.” Could anything be less romantic and relaxing??! To spend all this money on this super trendy renovation and not put in a new door is just downright wrong. You could literally see through the slit in the door when it was closed, with tons of hallway light streaming in. The other thing they failed to renovate is the sad excuse for an elevator. Scary, scary and super slow. Our bathroom door also wouldn't close all the way and the toliet was very spotty and would sometimes not flush. The door, bathroom and the elevator might all be overlooked if everything else hadn’t been so over-the-top renovated. Sadly, I will never stay at the Vendue again nor recommend it to anyone else…. Perhaps maybe if I hadn’t stayed pre reno I might have enjoyed it more…. but probably not.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you're looking for a place to stay in historic downtown Charleston - look no more. This hotel is beautiful, the customer service excellent and the food in their onsite restaurant - to die for. There are actually two buildings across the street from each other. We stayed in the one on the North side in a Signature Queen where some of the rooms aren't completely renovated yet. But that was perfect for us because we loved the charm of the old woodwork and there was no lack of modern conveniences. And the artwork - not just on the main floor, but all the hallways - you can wander around for an hour our two and just admire the local talent. We will always stay here when visiting Charleston.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about it, ask if your room has been renovated.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay while we were in town for a wedding. Our stay was great. Upon arriving the bellhop was out at the car getting our stuff out of the car and in our room. He also showed us the layout of the hotel and all the amenities. We stayed in the Signature King Fireplace (room 103 i believe). The concierge was great at setting up transportation for us to the wedding. The next day we decided to have brunch at Husk and the concierge quickly made reservation.
The room was very clean, no problems with road noise but it was the off season, the bathroom was clean and had a claw foot tub and large rain style glass shower. The fireplace was cozy and warm on a winter night. The morning of checkout the bellhop came by grab our stuff put it in the car and pulled it around. All we had to do was hand the keys over and hop in the car.
Great stay in Charleston, this will definitely be our choice hotel when we visit Charleston, which is pretty often.

Room Tip: Signature King Fireplace was great. We were pretty close the front desk which was actually kind of n...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A fantastic hotel. The service was absolutely wonderful from everyone. Our signature queen was cozy, and the bathroom was great with all new amenities. The only thing that wasn't stellar is that you can hear much of what goes on in the hall. I'm assuming this is because the building is obviously very old. It never bothered either of us.

As far as location, you can't get better than this. The Vendue is in the heart of old Charleston, and just a block from the ocean. That alone was worth the price.

We also got $50 credit for food and beverage upon arrival, which we used on breakfast in the room. This was the only other problem I had: there's not table in the room, so we had to balance our breakfast tray on the bed itself. It would be nice if there was some way to fit a small table into the room.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and the housekeeping service was fantastic every night. I'd highly recommend staying at the Vendue if you're in Charleston.

Room Tip: We were in room 317, top floor down a little corridor. Great for us, not too much noise, and far fro...
mostwishful
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is an amazing hotel. We found it hard to leave the premises to go sight-seeing because we were so comfortable in the hotel. The art is mind-boggling. Our room was large with original art, a fireplace, a huge bathroom, and large windows. We loved it.
The dining room had delicious breakfasts and we enjoyed dinner there often as well.
The staff was truly outstanding. Our waitress each morning was so pleasant. The art docent was incredibly knowledgable with a good eye for display. We plan to stay there again next month.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing the Vendue Hotel. We are pleased to learn that you were impressed with the level of service that our staff provided. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the beautiful artwork featured throughout the hotel. The Vendue is proud to be Charleston's first and only hotel dedicated to the arts. Our art exhibits change throughout the year, offering guests a truly unique experience with each stay.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of your visit next month. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do to make your upcoming stay more enjoyable.

Nick Whitney
Guest Service Director
The Vendue Hotel

Been to The Vendue? Share your experiences!