“Loved Vendue Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
south carolina
“Loved Vendue Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

My boyfriend and I were at the Vendue Inn this past weekend. This was our first time staying there and we had a perfect time. The staff, especially housekeeping, were so friendly and helpful. We came in around 11pm Saturday night and they had already put up the milk and cookies but one of the staff was sweet enough to get us some cookies, which by the way were the best cookies I had ever tasted!

In all honesty the room was not quite as nice as I had expected but the bed was unbelievably comfortable. The location of Vendue Inn can't be beat and the rooftop bar is amazing. Beautiful views and great staff. We really enjoyed Matt and Shawn, our bartenders. They were very professional but also great fun!
We will definitely stay at Vendue Inn again!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — rooms a little dated
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

I want to start by saying I love the Vendue Inn. I have spent many of my Anniversary's here and have always loved it. I think I gave it 4 stars out of memories than anything else. First off, the employees are wonderful and very helpful. The service was great. The main complaint I had is that the inn is getting really run down. Our room was one that we had stayed in before and this time, the carpet was all stained and the bedskirt was stained. The furniture looked like it came from a fire sale. For the money you pay I would expect a little more. The housekeeping is not very good, my carpet was not vacuumed when we arrived and wasn't the entire stay. One day I left when the cleaning lady walked in and forgot my cellphone. In the short time it took me to get up the elevator she had already left my room...kind of makes you wonder. All in all, the stay was wonderful and I hate to have to stay somewhere else when visiting next year, as the Vendue is sentimental to me. I hope they make some much needed upgrades and upgrade thier housekeeping as well.

• Liked — The staff and service is always the best!!!
  • Disliked — Housekeeping,
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

I knew the location was going to be good but was a bit concerned about comments about the noise from the rooftop bar. Our room was on the second floor near the elevator. Although we did here some bumps from the elevator, we never heard noise from the bar, probably because the live music ends at 9pm, about the time we finished our dinner and wanted to listen to the live music. The bellmen, clerks, servers and room maids were all very hospitable. When we made a request of the bellman that our feathered pillows and comforter be replaced due to our allergies, he handled the request. Breakfast, ordered from a menu and served in a small private dining room, was adequate. We attended one of the evening manager’s receptions in the same dining room. The cheese, appetizers and wine were all ample but thought it would have been more fun if it was held in the adjoining library lobby where the guests would have been forced to stand and mingle, instead of sit and ignore. I was impressed that the general manager had time to chat with us during our last breakfast. When I returned home, I received an email questionnaire from the inn’s owner. After filling it out, I received a reply responding to my comments. This too is very impressive.

• Liked — Great staff
  • Disliked — Allows Pets
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NORTH CAROLINA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

we stayed here for 2 nights in october.we had a king deluxe room the room was nice but for the price not very spacious.we did not have to pay for the stay it was a thank you for my husband from his company so we are not complaining.the toiletries we're very nice and the breakfast and afternoon wine and our'derves we're very nice.the location was excellent right in front of battery park.the first night of our stay there was a deluge of rain all night the water was over the curbs so that kind of hampered our first evening.we heard they got 7 inches of rain in that one day.
all in all we enjoyed our stay here but we would not pay that much ourselves so this may be our only stay.his company also paid for us to eat at roberts which was a very close walk from the inn and was a wonderful experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

When we arrived, we were greeted at the door by employees and check in has never been faster. The staff was very nice. The room was great. We had a king bed with a fireplace. The breakfast was as good as it gets in Charleston. The service was great and the food was also. The location was in walking distance of all the downtown attractions. We stayed for 3 nights and wish we could have stayed longer. I would highly recommend the Vendue Inn for anyone staying in Charleston.

• Liked — The location and service
  • Disliked — The pillows
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

This was a nice hotel. We had a room with two queen beds, fireplace and small sitting area. The bathrooms were rather boring. The room was clean, and certainly a nice place, but the decor was so so. The breakfast was very good, nothing spectacular, but quite delicious. Overall we were pleased with our stay here. It was a nice middle of the road place to lodge. The location is right next to many great restaurants.

We wanted to experience other places and so this was one of three places we stayed. The other two places were much nicer and more beautifully decorated.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bathrooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

We just returned from a three night stay at the Vendue Inn. It was our first time in lovely Charleston, and the staff at the Vendue Inn could not have been nicer, nor more helpful. The staff displayed a constant willingness to ensure our brief stay was the most it could be; from the maintenance guy who showed up within minutes to fix our room safe, to the hall staff who were always there, always pleasant, and always attentive, to the night doorman who made sure even though it was past 10PM we still got our late night cookies and milk snack.
The room was quite large, the bed made comfy via a feather top mattress, well appointed, and needless to say spotlessly clean. The included breakfast was ample with a tasty and varied menu. And the late afternoon - early evening wine and hors d'œuvres reception was simply a treat.
The hotel is located close to the water, near a park (good area for runners), and right smack dab in the middle of the downtown action.
Overall this has to be one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at on vacation. The property was nicely appointed, the room large and comfy, the amenites well thought out and well executed, but its the warmth and hopitality received from the staff that I will recall.
And YES, we will stay here again.

• Liked — Attentive and friendly staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Vendue? Share your experiences!