“Perfect in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Charleston
Stratfod,Connecticut
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

So satisfied with the hospitality/staff/food ambiance. Perfectly managed.Will always come here in the future. Situated in heart of Charleston.I was very impressed with the help remembering your name.Artwork so impressive also. This hotel is the best one I have been to.

Room Tip: Periodically there was a clicking sound every 10 seconds. Sound disappeared when air conditioned was...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The artwork on display at The Vendue is OUTSTANDING! The Drawing room has delicious food from the Duck Fat fried potatoes to the Grouper, it is incomparable to any other meal I have eaten in the past! The unique rooms are unmatched by any other hotel I have seen as well as the amazing staff that is dedicated to quality service! I also enjoyed The Press Cafe! The barista made me an awesome Chai latte that I ate with an over sized Cappuccino muffin that was to die for! Overall the beauty is matched with the service which makes The Vendue the BEST choice when visiting Charleston

Room Tip: East Bay King is an AMAZING room as well as the Gallery King room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We are so happy we stayed here, Everything was top drawer. Loved the old charm and history of our building and the renovated building was elegant. Our room was spacious and so comfortable. We walked everywhere.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at the Vendue with my daughter over Labor Day weekend. The hotel could not be situated in a better location. It was easy to get most everyplace we wanted and it was close to restaurants, shopping and activities. Our room was absolutely lovely with a working fireplace (such a rare find and not so needed for this time of year), beautifully furnished, and the bed was heavenly comfortable. The bathroom was just as amazing with a claw foot tub, separate shower and double sinks. Small problem of the shower wasn't quite as hot as I would prefer but it was sweltering in Charleston so cooler showers weren't such an issue. The staff at the hotel were warm and welcoming and unbelievably accommodating. The only negative for the whole weekend was both at the restaurant and rooftop bar service was almost non existent both places we sat for like 20 minutes without anyone acknowledgment so we ended up just leaving. However, the management was great about taking care of both of those incidents and it was a super busy weekend for the town. Nevertheless, this hotel was a great choice for us and we will for sure stay there again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am originally from Charleston, and I stayed here with my boyfriend who had never been to Charleston before. I wanted to impress him with my hometown, so I selected The Vendue after a great deal of research. I was familiar with the property, but had not stayed here. From the very start, I was quite impressed. I booked the reservation over the phone and not only received a 30% discount, but there was also a promotion for a 50$/day food and beverage credit for the on site restaurants and bars- definitely some added bonuses! We stayed 4 days and visited The Roof Top bar- great views, but quite crowded on the weekends. We also ate brunch at The Drawing Room (we were too tired to make our dinner reservations there for the night we arrived) and it was great. The location in the city can't be beat and the staff are extremely helpful and knowledgable. We stayed at the hotel "across the street" in 26 Vendue in a King Junior Suite. The room was quite large with a very impressive and comfortable bed, a working gas fireplace, a sitting area with a desk, and a spacious bathroom with whirlpool tub. The views were not that impressive, but be careful- many rooms here are interior rooms and do not have windows at all, so if that is an issue, just specify to them and they will accommodate you! Also, the shower in our room was very, very small- and I spend a lot of time in Europe, so I am used to small showers.. this was very small. Otherwise, amazing hotel. The manager's reception at 4 pm every day is a nice way to relax with some wine and snacks in the hotel's parlor rooms.

Room Tip: Be aware that several rooms are "interior rooms" and do not have windows- just ask and the...
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We loved everything about this hotel and will definitely come back to stay there again. The service was perfect, all staff were super eager to help and pretty much anticipated our needs. We loved the rooftop bar and being able to check out bikes each day.

Room Tip: There is an old and new portion of the hotel (which is why I tagged this as both trendy and classic...
Haworth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Hotel has been completely made over. It is in a great location...close to all the great restaurants
and attractions. There roof top bar is awesome. Our room was perfect ....there new on-site restaurant is quickly moving up in the rankings in Charleston....Looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: There are two buildings across the street from each other....we preferred Vendue 19....it has the re...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Vendue? Share your experiences!