“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Summer Nights Are Special
Ranked #16 of 54 hotels in Charleston
SC
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Vendue inn not only is in the perfect location to walk to just about everything in downtown Charleston, it is a beautiful hotel and the amenities on site are wonderful. The staff is friendly and welcoming. For the price it is a GREAT value. I have stayed at numerous hotels in the area and I would highly recommend this hotel and will return.

Room Tip: East bag king - very spacious!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1,098 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend. We got the last interior room but it was lovely. Staff was always very friendly and helpful with reservations at local events and restaurants. Great location.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and bright.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pietro G, General Manager at The Vendue, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Timetraveler48,
thank you for choosing The Vendue during your recent trip to Charleston and for the great feedback. Glad to hear you loved your room.
We look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,
Concord
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful hotel and very helpful, friendly and professional staff. Loved the view on the rooftop bar. We used the bikes available to guests to tour the city. The location is perfect, so many things within walking distance. It was nice not to have to drive everywhere and worry about parking. One downfall of the hotel was our room smelled musty as did the hall near our room. I would have requested a change, but overheard the staff tell somebody they were booked the entire weekend. I wouldn't hold this against them completely because I didn't give them a chance to correct the problem. I figured if it was an easy fix, they would have taken care of it already though. Also, was no refrigerator in the room.

Room Tip: Be cautious of Room 209.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pietro G, General Manager at The Vendue, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Patti P,
thank you for your review. We appreciate the great feedback and we're looking into what may have caused the musty smell and will make sure to resolve it. I know we may have been at high occupancy during your stay but please do not hesitate to let any of our staff know if you are experiencing any issues while at our property, I can assure you we will do anything possible to fix it.
We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Vendue Inn is "top-notch"! My husband and I arrived for a long weekend to celebrate his birthday; and had a wonderful time in this hotel. The food is impeccable, the staff is wonderful, and the guest-room (King Fireplace) was amazing. We will 100% return to Charleston and stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was our first time visiting Charleston SC. The Vendue was perfect for a romantic long weekend getaway. Our room was a bit small and not what we are used to. However, the service, staff, cleanliness, and attention to detail more than made up for the small room. We were extremely happy there. Lastly,you can't beat the location.

• Stayed July 2014
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Service was impeccable. Everyone from front desk, to concierge, to bartenders, to bell men were all incredibly kind, fast, professional and on point. I was very impressed with that and its my number one thing I look in hotels! Congrats to whomever is training the staff!

The location is PERFECT. Right in the middle of Charleston, couldn't get any better then that!

However, for the price they ask, The hotel himself could use some improvements, the main hotel is very updated but the wing across the street "26 Vendue" where I stayed in could use some major updating. The bathroom is old, moldy and definitely not up to standard to this nice hotel. it is very very poor to be honest. The room is OK but could use some updating as well. No window makes it very claustrophobic.

Rooftop is a PLUS and very cool to have drinks up there!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 30th anniversary somewhere new to us. I read the reviews online about the Vendue in Charleston, so we decided to book a weekend getaway on June 26th with them. Upon arrival we met Mark and yes he lived up to the great reviews on trip advisor. He was very nice and extremely helpful. We originally booked the king room. Upon up king in the room we left to see the charm of Charleston. We arrived later that evening to our room to get ready for dinner, we found our room was extremely hot. The thermostat read 79 degrees even tough we set it on 67 before going out. I called the front desk they were extremely nice and said they would send someone right up to check on it. After about 30 or so minutes they called back and stated a blown fuse was the culprit and it would be fixed shortly. Meanwhile, it was too hot to get ready for dinner and time was slipping away. I called the front desk and spoke to Alex the manager and explained that it was a special weekend And that the room was to hot to get ready for dinner and inquired as to how long it would take to cool off. He had explained that it may take a little bit due to the temp. I went back up to the room and a few minutes later I get a call from Alex and he offered to move us to a comp suite for all the trouble we have been through. I gladly accepted since we were hoping to eat soon. Well one thing I can say for sure the king suite was absolutely gorgeous and over the top. It was extremely spacious, beautiful, and had plenty of amenities. They even had champagne on ice waiting for us with a nice note wishing us a happy anniversary. I can say the rest of our stay at The Vendue was wonderful. Everyone we encountered overthe course of the weekend that was part of the staff was extremely helpful and nice. They live up to the excellent customer service as listed on trip advisor. We were very pleased with our stay. I think everyone should stay here and admire the beautiful art placed all around the hotel and experience the friendly staff. I would definitely stay again but this time book the suite. It will spoil you!

Room Tip: Book a suite if you can afford it. They are amazing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Vendue? Share your experiences!