“35th Wedding Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 54 hotels in Charleston
Folly Beach, South Carolina
“35th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Vendue Inn for our 35th wedding anniversary. The museum, historic sights and the market were close to the Inn and within a few minutes walking or short drive. The owners and staff of the Inn should be commended on their outstanding service. We will be back to spend a few days again. This was the best stay we have experienced in a long time.

1,121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed just one night at the Vendue, and will definitely be returning. Our stay was everything we hoped for and more. We enjoyed a junior suite, complete with gas fireplace, soaking tub and comfy beds. The staff treated us like family - and made us feel very welcome. The Inn is very central to shopping, restaurants and attractions. At breakfast, they had the snow-blower on so it looked as if it was snowing outside, fun! Breakfast was delicious and the service was impeccable. It's those little extra touches that make a stay special. Thanks for a great memory Vendue!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent two days in December at the Vendue Inn. The staff were wonderful, the room was spacious and well decorated and dinner at the Library was excellent. We toured Charleston and ate at Magnolias (excellent) and a seafood restaurant right on the water.

Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Vendue Inn exceeded all of my expectations. My husband and I spent two nights at the Inn Christmas weekend for our anniversary. This was the first time to the city and we were lucky to find this little gem in downtown Charleston. From the time I made the reservation with Nikki, to check out, I can't say enough good things about our stay.

Nikki was an absolute doll and very patient with me over the phone explaining what our options were regarding rooms as well as a delight to meet in person. Larson, our bellhop was more than helpful getting us settled in. And Robbie, the consierge? was just as pleasant, helpful, and patient in recommending restaurants and things to do. He even called the week prior to our arrival. I was very impressed.

The moment we stepped into the lobby it took me back in time. This is not an upscale chain hotel, but a very upscale, historical inn or boutique. Very classy and elegant.

As a loyaly member (when you book directly with the hotel rather than with other popular travel sites) you are automatically enrolled. As a member you receive additional amenities, (i.e. a complimentary breakfast). We actually chose breakfast from a menu and were served on white linen table clothes (rare these days). Breakfast was delicious. While having breakfast the first morning we were seated next to a window. We looked out and what looked to be snow blowing, well, it was, not the real stuff though. On Saturdays, a snow blower is used by the Inn adding to the charm. What an added surprise to add to the holiday atmosphere. What hotel does things like that???

Prior to visiting, some of our friends who know the city well, recommeded restaurants. Some over and over. While The Library Restaurant (located inside the Inn) was not one of them, we decided to try it. The dinner there on Saturday night was superb. I highly recommend it. I'm from New Orleans where you can't get any better food in the world, but the chef there was excellent. Each course presented was better than the next. I must add the small (8 tables, I counted), but intimate setting was very romantic and reservations are highly recommended. I actually saw people walk in to dine, but were turned away regretfully due to being filled up. Book early.

Oh and I forgot to mention, a cheese and wine reception given by the manager is every afternoon (missed that), but the cookies and milk offered each evening were delicious.

The room we had was across the street which Nikki told us about added to the historical flair of the inn. I hesitated at first, but went ahead and booked it. While we reserved the smallest queen room it was very clean, comfortable and cozy even with a skylight, A fire was burning in the annex lobby and coffee and teas were served each morning. These buildings are old warehouses and date back hundreds of years, but are refurbished with modern conveineces? which add to the charm of what I would consider to be old Charleston. So if your wanting the Marriott or other upscale chains (nothing wrong with that) where each hotel and room looks about the same then I'd advise you to book at those places, not here. Nice room to come back to where you can relax and lay your heads after a day of touring Charleston. Next time, we plan to experience another room as each room is different from what I understand.

Honestly, I've read some of the negative reviews listed here and know people and hotels are not perfect. It's too bad they had a negative experience, but for the life of me I've asked myself if they stayed at the same Inn as us. We received superb services.

This is my first time writing a review and know is's rather lenghty, but wanted to give a picture perfect image of our experience. I do read reviews when I'm searching for hotels, some are good and some are bad, but with the experience we had at the Vendue Inn, the only other recommendation I can give is DON'T HESITATE, BOOK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the Venue Inn. This was our first visit to Charleston and we wanted to be in a location convenient to the old city, museums, restaurants, and historic sights. We found the Vendue Inn to be a wonderful stay, and it made our trip that much more special. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and really goes out of the way to make you feel welcome. The breakfasts are fantastic, as is the evening wine and hors d'oeuvres hour. I highly recommend the very charming Venue Inn and would stay there again.

Georgetown, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Just returned home from an overnight visit to Charleston for our anniversary.We stayed in a beautiful guestroom and everything was perfect from the moment we arrived until we left this morning. All the staff was extra friendly and went out of their way to make us feel very special ! We will be back to stay again and we will tell everyone about this gem in downtown Charleston ! Thank you Vendue Inn and Staff for a WONDERFUL STAY !

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our family of 5 is on a month long vacation from NYC to Miami. We have stayed in some lovely properties and a few 'roughies' too but The Vendue Inn was just outstanding from the moment we arrived.

We did not have bookings, but our check in was handled efficiently and we were given beautiful rooms, spacious, clean and luxurious, with every tiny detail addressed. We loved the fact that the room rate included breakfast - not just a buffet either, a beautiful a-la-carte breakfast (definitely the best we've had in the USA). Then from 4-5 each day they have the wine reception - again, outstanding - lovely choice of wines and great hors'd'oeuvres. Then at 8pm out would come the home made cookies and milk - which my kids loved!

There was also free use of the bikes, but apart from all these these things, the staff at the hotel were just amazing - they couldn't do enough for us - so helpful and friendly. We hope to one day get back to The Vendue Inn for a (much) longer stay!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and luxurious