This was a fantastic hotel for our weekend stay. It was one of the least expensive places we found but was full of charm and hospitality! Our room was perfect with a king size bed, well-decorated. The hotel offers free continental breakfast everyday, a hot breakfast is offered for a nominal fee. My husband and I split a 3 egg omelet each morning for $8 and then enjoyed the free continental as well, more than enough breakfast to tide us over until late lunch. There is coffee in the lobby each morning and you can help yourself. It's actually very good coffee too. Each afternoon, they have a wine and cheese hour, also included with your stay.
This place was in the perfect location, everything to see was right out the back door and a couple of blocks in one direction or the other. We could walk to everything.
The walls are thin so we could hear the staff moving around during the day but it was a quiet environment at night, no problems with noise while we were sleeping. We would definitely stay here again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1853, Kings Courtyard Inn is one of downtown Charleston, South Carolina's most historic inns. Architect Francis D. Lee designed the three-story antebellum structure in the Greek revival style with unusual Egyptian detail. The building is one of King Street's largest and oldest structures, and has had many uses during its 150 year existence. The building has housed high quality shops, private residences and at one time, the upper floors served as hotel rooms for plantation owners, shipping interests and merchant guests. Kings Courtyard Inn is located in the heart of Charleston's historic district. The Inn maintains the residential atmosphere of lower King Street, and extreme care has been taken to ensure the necessary architectural and historic accuracy for which Charleston is famous. Each of the rooms has an individual distinction. All rooms feature oversized beds- some have canopied beds and fireplaces. Many rooms boast excellent views of the inn's interior courtyards.All hotel guests receive complimentary sherry on arrival and a morning newspaper delivered to the room. They also receive a continental breakfast served each morning in their room, the courtyards, or in the breakfast room. Guests may also choose to order a full breakfast from the kitchen. Kings Courtyard Inn is within easy walking distance of Charleston's historic homes, gardens, churches and only a block away from the City Market. Here, one may explore interesting shops or enjoy a delicious meal at one of the city's many delightful restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kings Courtyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Kings
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Courtyard