We found this almost by accident wanting to visit "Chucktown" for an evening dinner at nearby Husk.
The concierge couldn't been more friendly and helpful getting us a better reservation time at the overly popular restaurant where we were dining that evening.
The room was on the small side but charming, quiet, and in keeping with the "Old Charleston" setting in the heart of the shopping and restaurant part of the old city!
What a nice touch to have a bit of cheese and wine in the afternoon after a day walking all over.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Kings
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1853, Kings Courtyard Inn is one of downtown Charleston, South Carolina's most historic inns. Architect Francis D. Lee designed the three-story antebellum structure in the Greek revival style with unusual Egyptian detail. The building is one of King Street's largest and oldest structures, and has had many uses during its 150 year existence. The building has housed high quality shops, private residences and at one time, the upper floors served as hotel rooms for plantation owners, shipping interests and merchant guests. Kings Courtyard Inn is located in the heart of Charleston's historic district. The Inn maintains the residential atmosphere of lower King Street, and extreme care has been taken to ensure the necessary architectural and historic accuracy for which Charleston is famous. Each of the rooms has an individual distinction. All rooms feature oversized beds- some have canopied beds and fireplaces. Many rooms boast excellent views of the inn's interior courtyards.All hotel guests receive complimentary sherry on arrival and a morning newspaper delivered to the room. They also receive a continental breakfast served each morning in their room, the courtyards, or in the breakfast room. Guests may also choose to order a full breakfast from the kitchen. Kings Courtyard Inn is within easy walking distance of Charleston's historic homes, gardens, churches and only a block away from the City Market. Here, one may explore interesting shops or enjoy a delicious meal at one of the city's many delightful restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Amex, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your Kings Courtyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.