My wife and I spent Wed - Sat at the John Rutledge House Inn - we are from N.H. and this was our first visit to Charleston. What a wonderful inn -we stayed in the carriage house and from the moment we arrived, the concierges and support staff were extremely welcoming. The room was spacious and we loved the Tempurpedic mattress. The proximity (walking distance) to great shopping and dining was also a plus. Breakfast was very good and the related service was wonderful - a few days my wife wanted to sleep in and the staff was very flexible with the service. We also enjoyed the relative privacy of the carriage house (only 4 rooms per, two houses behind the inn). We are planning another trip in late October and have already booked our stay at this wonderful inn.
- Also Known As:
- John Rutledge House Hotel
- John Rutledge House Hotel Charleston
- John Rutledge Hotel
- John Rutledge Charleston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- America's Most Historic Inn. John Rutledge, one of the fifty-five signers of the U.S. Constitution, built his home in 1763. Now exquisitely restored, it is one of only fifteen homes belonging to those signers to survive - and the only one to now accommodate overnight hotel guests. History records that George Washington called here in 1791. An entry in his diary shows a breakfast with Mrs. Rutledge. A loving rejuvenation has restored the beautiful details of the home's 18th and 19th century architecture: the elaborately carved Italian marble fireplaces, the original plaster moldings, the inlaid floors and the graceful ironwork. The John Rutledge House Inn offers nineteen guest rooms within a complex of three buildings. One may choose between the elegance of rooms and spacious suites in the original grand residence or the charm and seclusion of rooms in the inn's two carriage houses. Antiques and historically accurate reproductions give each room its own warmth and distinction. John Rutledge House Inn is proud to be a founding hotel in Historic Hotels of America, as well as Select Registry - Distinguished Inns of America and Classic Inns of the South. Guests may leave cars parked on-site for their entire stay because the best of this beautiful port city is just beyond the doors of the John Rutledge House Inn. The city's finest restaurants, theaters, shops, and the Old City Market are all in short walking distance. The gorgeous residential area "South of Broad" begins directly opposite the Inn. A stay in this elegant antebellum bed and breakfast offers the opportunity to experience history as well as the warm hospitality for which the South is justly famous. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, EasyToBook, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your John Rutledge House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.