“We had a blast! Great hour of fun! Must do!” 5 of 5 stars

(843) 276-4203
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Thriller is rocking the boat with a 1 hour and approximately 30 mile tour. See the sites of Charleston along with 5 forts and 2 lighthouses while on your way to an up close view of Morris Island Lighthouse. Live narration and rock tunes on a 43-passenger hi-speed power catamaran will surely put a smile on your face.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
9 attraction reviews
“We had a blast! Great hour of fun! Must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We were in Charleston on a Sunday and it was SO hot we decided not to walk around. We needed something to do while it was so hot. We added this last minute and I'm so glad we did! I called and the lady was super friendly and gave me very easy to follow driving directions to get from downtown Charleston over to Mt. Pleasant, where the boat leaves from. They will take cash if you show up without a ticket... you can buy tickets online up to one hour prior. It was so hot, but once the boat started moving it felt perfect! I never got hot but was worried we would bake, as there is no cover on the boat. You see several sights and hear excellent commentary on them. It's just right... not too much talking at all! I was worried because everyone mentions the "loud" music... thought it might be too wild, but its not. The music is great, fun dings everyone know from young to old and it's the right volume... not too loud! Would be great for kids (a boy on our ride loved it!) or any age adult! After the sights, the captain "plays" in the water for a while before taking you back to the dock. The people who run the boat are wonderfully friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed them and we aren't folks to just talk to anybody. They truly are just nice, laid back people. I will tell everyone to do this, no matter their age. It would be impossible not to have fun!! It's great!!

Visited September 2013

“Exciting water tour in Charelston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We took a party of 14 on this boat tour. We all had a blast. Great tour of Charelston packed in to an hour. Thrilling boat ride and beautiful sights. Smiles all around. Will defiantly do again!

Guelph, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“So Much Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a such a blast on this ride. We couldn't have asked for anything better. The commentary that was included was quite interesting. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. It was a great family ride.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

While in Charleston I had SO many issues with their transit system. Being that I was on vacation and that I did not drive, I depended highly on their public transit. I figured, as long as I follow the schedule posted online, I should be able to get around Charleston okay. WRONG! The schedules are never followed! I waited 1.5 hours for a bus that was supposed to arrive every 40 minutes. Needless to say, I arrived at the Thriller meeting point late. I was anxious, tired and pissed off when I finally reached my destination. I had given myself 2.5 hours to get here (I wanted to sight-see a little bit too), but instead I ran to the boat like a crazy person and still it was gone. I should be glad that at least someone follows a schedule. Right?
Anyway, when I arrived Mark (owner) was super kind and friendly, and told me not to worry because he would allow me to get on the next one. He shared with me the history of the boat and how it came to be, and also advised me on the restaurants in the area (which were tourist traps etc). He said, "the lower bar over there is opening soon, go relax, have a drink, and come back at around 4pm for boarding." What a relief! My day went from crap to great.

The ride itself was fun. Though it is hard to take any pictures because you really are going fast. I enjoyed the snippets of history thrown in by Barbara (other owner and wife of Mark), and the music was "interesting." Yes, they played Michael Jackson's thriller. :)

I suggest that you plan to spend the day here. There are a lot of activities to do at the creek (paddle boarding, kayaking, etc.) and it looked like a lot of fun. Also the restaurants were packed, so they must be doing something right. Plus you can't forget the view.

One other thing, on Fridays and Saturdays you can take a water taxi to Shem Creek (Mount Pleasant) from downtown Charleston for $6 one-way (day pass is $10), however to get picked up from Shem Creek you have to call them. Unfortunately the battery on my cell was dead so I could not call them. So I had to suck it up and wait 1.5 hours for the BUS! Argh!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Jam packed fun all in 1 hour!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I took the hour boat ride Labor Day weekend, I still smile when I think of it. The staff were amazing. The high speed big yellow boat was very cool looking and comfortable. The loud rock music and the "donuts" in the water the Captain did were the most fun. I also liked how they stopped and pointed out important sites in the area, ( forts , light houses, bridges, etc) was nice to have both the thrill of this boat ride as well as some history thrown in. I would do this ride each and every time I came back, Well worth the cost, it was very THRILLING! I highly recommend. I was a bit nervous as I dont have the best back, but the ride was very smooth, and we were out on a windy day we were told. no jerking or flopping around while in the boat. Definitly do it while you are there.