“Favorite Breakfast in Charleston” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 759 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
“Favorite Breakfast in Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Really great breakfasts! Huge servings offered in half portions, fortunately. You've never had French toast like this before!!
Also loved the poached egg on a crab cake & fried green tomato!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida, United States
“Great late night eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Came in for a late dinner. Our server ,April, was super friendly. The food was good and desert was even better. Would eat here again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Charleston breakfast delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

On our way to Myrtle Beach via a late night flight to Charleston, SC, we were looking for a local breakfast experience for two adults and a teenager...the front desk manager at our hotel recommended Toast! After arriving to find people waiting happily for a table around 10 am, we were offered complimentary coffee. After a reasonable wait, we were treated to a delightful, original (but Southern influenced) menu. Great coffee, hot, delicious, interesting food and great service from our server, Sandy!!!! We only had one day in Charleston, but it really set a great tone for a fabulous day...thanks to Toast!

Houston, Texas
“Not a Fan...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I don’t really consider myself a food snob but I have to say that the dinner my family had last night was not very good. First off, the Manhattan I ordered was not very good at all, and neither was my wife's sweet tea mojito. The pimento cheese was just alright…certainly not the best. My entrée of shrimp and grits was very good however the rest of the table did not enjoy their orders. I have to say, I tried my wife’s crab cakes and I cannot understand how those pass as crab cakes. There was no crab meat in them, and they were nearly too salty to eat. That’s not what I expected from a Charleston crab cake!

I see many reviews discuss breakfast, and perhaps they are good at that…but I would pass on dinner at Toast.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Breakfast in Charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were looking for a place for a 'late' breakfast this past weekend (noonish). We came across 'Toast' and the sidewalk was full of people waiting. Figured this must be the place, and it was! The wait did not take that long and we were seated. Our waiter , Yony, took good care of us. He was friendly and helpful and made sure that our visit was a pleasant one. We went more traditional but I caught glimpse of the French toast and thought, when I return, and I shall return, that I will get the 'special'. I ordered the omelet and my wife tried the eggs Benedict. Both were very good and we were satisfied. Sharon, g.m., was checking with all of the guests to make sure that their experience was remarkable and by the looks of it, every customer was or became 'raving fans'. Make a point of stopping in and check it out!