“For the Love of GOD, get the Catfish, and ask for Beth!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Burlington, North Carolina
“For the Love of GOD, get the Catfish, and ask for Beth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Catfish Plate that is served at Dinner is the best Meal I have ever had! We live 5 hours away and I would consider driving that distance to have that meal again! The server was named Beth, and she must have a photographic memory. She remembered my name after three days and was so helpful in helping me find the sauce used on the catfish! She also remembers our order without having to write it down. The resturant is a very warm and friendly place to eat and/or have a few drinks. Food proportions are very generous, and the prices are very fair. I promise to be back again as soon as I can!!!

Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
“Aaaah, Warm Biscuits and Apple Butter!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited Toast the morning of the Cooper Bridge 10K. Lots of runners high on adrenaline. I don't think they take reservations; we had a 40 minute wait, but it was worth it. We selected from the lunch menu - an oversized, fresh Cobb salad with a great house dressing and a Charleston Steak and Cheese with lots of fries. Both entrees were delicious, but the best part was the fluffy, warm biscuit which the restaurant serves with either apple butter or orange marmalade. A nearby guest had a toffee/turtle cheese cake that looked amazing. Bright colors, energetic staff, lots of nice energy. I would highly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York, Maine
“still serving at 3 PM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

A nice find! So often we are looking for a meal mid afternoon when we are traveling. Lucky to find Toast which was open and serving lunch at 3. Delicious Peach sweet iced tea, crabcake sammie and Fried green BLT. Service was quick.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia, United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Bottomless Mimosas, great omelettes and wonderful staff. Perfect start to your day. This was one of my favorite stops while in Charleston and the value is absolutely great. Go hungry, go thirsty and you won't regret it.

Huntington, New York
“Wonderful all the way around!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent 5 days in Charleston recently and went to Toast for every single breakfast. The food is great but my favorite part was the general manager, Sharon. I can't tell you how much a pleasant, competent manager makes. She was a delight and we just wanted to come back again and again!! We will be back Sharon.....Sue, Susan and Linda