This was our second visit to Harbourview Inn, but multiple trips to Charleston. We were so pleased with our first stay at Harbourview, we decided to stay again on our trip last week. It is extremely clean, even cleaner than up-scale chain that I have stayed in on several occassions( Has an R in the name). We considered staying somewhere else, but were just so pleased with our last stay, decided to stick with what we knew. The location is great for down town shopping, walking, sight seeing. We loved the portside breakfast, no crowded continental breakfast area's. Could sleep in, and still get your breakfast , not like some continental breakfast hotel's , with being out of breakfast, or very early time frame, or you are out of luck. Who wants to get up early while on vacation?Coffee and tea and water and iced tea 24 hours a day. M&M snacks free in lobby 24hours, cookies at night , and of course vending available. In-room refrig, and safe. This facility does not have an in-house restaurant, but so many restaurants close by, no problem walking, few blocks, Harbourview even has umbrella's for the guest, as we were visiting during rain last week. Valet service was great, never a problem getting vehicle (cost was $18 /day) but parking in Charleston anywhere in the city will cost you, as it does in most cities that are cramped for parking .We were in the historic wing , and it was excellant, has all modern conveniences, and essentially looked same as room in newer wing, but with rustic brick wall charm. The website photo's are extremely accurate. As for some of the reviews complaint's about noise, we thought it was extremely quiet????, could occassionally here voices of people walking by down on the street, and of course some traffic noise, but usually very quiet at night, Well I could go on and on without any negative comments at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelClick, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston