Don't expect a harbor view here. We only stayed here because of the harbor view which I even requested on my email to book the room. Our view was mostly of the ugly building across the street.(This does not show on the hotel pictures). Straight out the window were trees and just a hint of blue above them. If you wanted to see the harbor you had to stand exactly at the window and turn your head to see the harbor. In addition, they started construction well before 8 AM next store. They did offer wine and cheese but there were not enough seats for guests and you had to stand or carry it to your room with no trays. There are better places to stay for your money. If you ask for a harbor view don't expect it without getting a spasm in your neck to try to see around the window. I would never stay here again. I emailed the manager the day of our arrival and got no response. On our second day I was threatened with a $75 charge because we decided to leave one day early since we did not want to wake up to construction again and no view.(there was no mention of a charge for leaving early on my original reservation). I had to argue with them about that. There are great places to stay in Charleston but this is not one of them. We also were constantly assaulted by people selling time shares while walking to and from the hotel. I don't think the hotel could have done much about that however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston