“beautiful hotel with great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Exclusive Savings
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Charleston SC
“beautiful hotel with great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

My daughter and I stayed at the Harbourview Inn and had the most amazing experience ever! The location is one of the greatest spots in downtown Charleston, located right by waterfront park. I think we had the best room in the whole place because it was 2 walls of windows overlooking the harbor. The best part about the stay was the people who worked there. The concierge Bert made sure we had everything we needed and more. He went above and beyond to make us as comfortable as possible, making us feel right at home. He gave us great advice on where to dine and which was the best ghost tour to go on. Very helpful and charming!!! 5 stars all the way! I will never stay anywhere else in Charleston.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Assistant General Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2009
We are very proud to hear that you had such an amazing experience while visiting historic Charleston. The staff truly goes above and beyond to make sure your experiences are as carefree as possible. We hope you will return to the HarbourView Inn very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Cary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Harbourview Inn has an ideal location for a visit to Charleston. I love how it has views of the water and is situated by the waterfront park. Guests can really get a feel for how beautiful the town is in this place. You are just moments away from fantastic dining on East Bay St. or Broad. The concierge service is friendly and responsive. They have provided me with great assistance with reservations, questions, and requests. I have come back to this hotel four times for trips to Charleston in the past five years.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your recent review of the HarbourView Inn. The location is ideal for walking along the waterfront or to nearby restaurants. We hope you will continue to return to the HarbourView Inn.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Wonderful location right on the harbor with a beautiful view. Very intimate and charming hotel that has nice. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Assistant General Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2009
We appreciate your gracious comments regarding the staff and the hotel. We hope you will come back to visit again. Thank you again for your review.
rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

After a recent visit to Charleston, South Carolina, I was most impressed by my hotel appropriately named the Harbourview Inn Charleston! Not knowing what to expect, I was more than pleasantly surprised! The pleasantries and amenities were noticed immediately.

This hotel is perfectly situated near the water for the view, but also conveniently placed so that all you need or want is just around the corner! It was perfect for my five night stay, traveling solo for the first time. Not only was the cleanliness and service impeccable, the Southern hospitality of the employees made me feel right at home. Bert, Robert, Tyler, Jack, Joseph, Mike, Baily, Jason and Trey (I apologize if I left anyone out of this list), made sure I was comfortable in every way possible. The front desk kept me informed of the tourist attractions as well as the local fare, came through with directions and ways of transportation, suggested restaurants and beaches and made me aware of weather conditions so not to nix my overall plans for each upcoming day. The ambiance of the atrium/sitting areas, inside and outdoors up on the roof were spectacular! Morning breakfast on the roof enjoying the view, wine & cheese at 5 and milk and cookies at 9, made for a wonderful start, mid day break or end to each day. I was also very pleased by the ease and convenience of all transactions having been made for me.

Overall, this hotel is number 1 in my book and definitely a hotel I will return to over and over again when in Charleston, my new favorite Southern vacation spot! I have already recommended it to new friends & vacationers I had met while in town as well as those I had met on the plane ride back to New York state. Complaints? I should have stayed longer - I hold the hotel management responsible for not convincing me of this!

Anna
Rochester, New York

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
We at the HarbourView Inn are very grateful for your comments. It is great to hear that the staff took extra special care of you, especially as a solo traveler. The staff is very knowledgeable and always willing to assist with any recommendations. We hope you will return soon.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from our first stay in Charleston. After researching, I decided on the Harbourview. I was very glad that I did. We stayed in the deluxe Harbourview room and the view was beautiful. The hotel's location is very convenient to nearby restaurants, sights, etc. We were immediately greeted when we pulled up to the hotel. The staff was very nice and pleasant. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The only downside was that we didn't stay longer.

I highly recommend the Harbourview Inn. It was the perfect choice for us!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased that your research led you to the HarbourView Inn. We are proud to have been your host on your first visit to Charleston. Thank you for your review.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

My husband and I had a delightful stay at the Harbourview Inn over the 4th of July weekend. We arrived around 1:00pm on Friday afternoon and check in was smooth and efficient. The staff seemed a bit harried (as if they might have been short of staff over the holiday weekend) but they were always polite and responsive. Our room was on the first floor (#109) which originally concerned me because of its proximity to the front desk and atrium but this turned out to be a non-issue and our room was very quiet. The room itself was very nice and well appointed with Tempurpedic mattresses and nice linens on the bed. Toiletries (Gilchrist and Somes) are what you would expect to find in a four star hotel. Additionally there were waffle weave bath robes and nice towels in the bathroom. There was only one sink in the bathroom but this is a minor issue.

The continental breakfast in the morning and the wine and cheese, and milk and cookies at night are really nice touch. The weekend of our stay, there seemed to be mostly couples with few families making it a very nice selection for couples looking for a nice hotel from which to set up base to explore the city.

Finally, I cannot say enough about the location. The Harbourview Inn is ideally situated near all of best restaurants and the boardwalk and park are a mere one minute walk away. My husband and I woke up every morning to walk and explore the neighborhood before the heat of the day.

We checked out Sunday morning and it took a little long to get our car as others were checking out as well, but this is minor complaint. All in all we had a very pleasant stay and would definitely recommend it to others as well as stay again the next time we visit Charleston.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Assistant General Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2009
It is exciting to hear that you had such a delightful stay at the HarbourView Inn over the busy holiday weekend. We are very grateful for your comments regarding the staff and the hotel. The HarbourView Inn is in an ideal location if you like to take a stroll around the town. We hope to see you again on your next visit to historic Charleston.
knoxville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

What a great hotel! As the name indicates, a great view of the harbor. The service and ameneties of the HVI were exceptional. As for the service, we arrived early in Charleston and the Staff welcomed us to park our car and offered to call us when our room was ready. Check-in/check-out was a breeze and the bellman offered several suggestions for our next stop including directions and restaurants. As for the ameneties, this hotel offers so many things that others do not (or typically charge for if they do) such as internet (wireless) access, wine/cheese reception, milk/cookies, breakfast, robes, and more. Highly recommend --- our stay was in a historic room which was fantastic (very loft apartment feel).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
We would like to extend our thanks to you for choosing to stay with us at the HarbourView Inn. It pleases us that you took advantage of all the complimentary amenities the HarbourView Inn offers. We are looking forward to your next trip to the Charleston area.

Been to Harbourview Inn? Share your experiences!