“Excellent Hotel, Fantastic Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Exclusive Savings
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Charleston
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel, Fantastic Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights at HI and wish we could have stayed at least 2 more! The staff and service were wonderful, the room beautiful with awesome views (corner 3rd floor), the location fantastic(walking distance to great restaurants, the waterfront, Rainbow Row, King St., market, etc.). Everything from the complimentary breakfast served to location of guests preference, afternoon tea, wine and cheese hour, nightly milk and cookies, turn down service, Tempurpedic mattress, rooftop terrace, friendly, knowledgeable staff... everything simply amazing. We hope to stay again.

TDFord, Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Rhonda H,

Thanks for helping spread the word of the specialized services offered at HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for the kind review, and we are happy you found HarbourView Inn to be an excellent hotel in an excellent location as many before you have. Our location is very special as well as our complimentary services, such as wine & cheese, cookies & milk and continental breakfast delivery each morning. We hope to accommodate you again and send our best to you in Raleigh.

HarbourView Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and could not have been happier with our hotel choice. The staff was upbeat, happy, and friendly. Every time we passed a staff member in the halls or elevator they would greet us with a smile and ask how our day was. The rooms are lovely and well taken care of. The Tempur-pedic mattress was to die for! Having never slept on one, it turned me into a believer and I see a purchase of one in my near future. The only complaint I would have about the room is the choice to put a 4 poster bed in front of the TV. We tried to enjoy breakfast in bed our first morning there but the front bed poster was blocking our view! Poor planning on the hotel but maybe not all the rooms are like that? Either way, it wouldn't discourage me from staying there again. The hotel is located within walking distance to most things you'll want to see in Charleston and being steps away from Waterfront Park and the pier was more than we could have asked for. I would recommend this hotel to anyone...you will not be disappointed.

TDFord, Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Jamie V,

I am pleased that you were happy with you choice of accommodations for your trip to Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate the feedback and glowing review of our specialized services and accommodations. I am glad you enjoyed our cozy Tempur Pedic mattresses and took advantage of our ideal location near the harbor and many Charleston attractions. Also, we appreciate your feedback regarding the four poster beds. All guest feedback will help us continually improve our services and accommodations. We look forward to your next visit and hope everything is well back home.

Mishawaka, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The Harbourview Inn is an amazing place to stay. The two short nights that we spent there were way too short and we loved every minute of it. From the chocolate chip cookies at night to the wine and cheese hour, everything was great. I recommend grabbing yourself a glass of wine and going upstairs to the rooftop seating area to check out the amazing views.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Btc34,

I am thrilled you had an amazing experience, and we wish it lasted longer as well. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you helping spread the word of our specialized services such as milk & cookies and wine & cheese. Our rooftop terrace offers beautiful views of Charleston and the Harbor that are unparalleled by other hotels, and it is a great place to enjoy some wine or breakfast delivered there in the morning. We hope to accommodate you again and send our best to you in Indiana.

Asheville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I made a last minute reservation on a Monday afternoon and The Harbourview Inn could not have been more accommodating! The room was beautiful and everyone at the hotel was extremely helpful and friendly. I just wish we could have stayed longer:) The breakfast delivered to our room was an extra wonderful touch. Everything we wanted to do was in walking distance and the view from our room was spectacular. We will definitely be back.

Dear Tkrogero,

I am pleased you found the HarbourView Inn for your last minute trip through Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you starting your Trip Advisor membership with a glowing review of the HarbourView Inn. Also, thank you for complementing our friendly team; they will appreciate the kind words. We are happy you enjoyed the accommodations and services and hope to accommodate you again in the future. We send our best to you in Asheville.

Rockford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

They really know what service is about in Charleston! This spot is in an excellent location to the local galleries and eateries. The staff is knowledgeable and willing to assist you in every way. The rooms are clean with ample space. They are beautifully appointed. Breakfast comes with your reservation and is wonderful. It is worth it's price.

Room Tip: Loved the historic room we had. Ask for that area.
Dear Ohly01,

I am delighted our location was convenient for your interest in local galleries and restaurants. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we thank you for the kind complements, and we are thrilled you enjoyed the cozy accommodations on our Historic Wing and enjoyed our other services. We hope to accommodate you during your next trip to Historic Charleston and send our best to you back home in Rockford.

Punta Cana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The location of this lovely hotel could not be better....right on the harbor and steps from everywhere you want to be....dining, walking tours, etc. The staff is courteous and helpful and the rooms are of good size and nicely appointed. Big bonus is the afternoon wine and cheese served up every day. Also you let them know what you'd like for breakfast - and where you'd like it delivered - by placing a card on your room door lock each night....really a nice touch.
We highly recommend this great place to stay in Charleston and would certainly stay there again should we return to the city.

Room Tip: Harbor views available but not in all rooms
Dear Linksters,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found HarbourView Inn to be in a great location. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you taking the time to help spread the word of our great location and specialized services. It is important to add value to our guests’ experience with complimentary services such as breakfast delivery, wine & cheese reception and milk & cookies. We look forward to your next visit and send our best to you in Punta Cana.

Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I visited Charleston for our 13th wedding anniversary. The staff was great and our room had a balcony that overlooked the water. We had a great time and will stay again the next time that we visit Charleston.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TDFord, Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Awalker01,

Happy Anniversary and thank you for beginning your Trip Advisor membership with a glowing review for the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you taking the time to share your review and suggestions to future guests of Historic Charleston. I am happy our team was helpful as they are our greatest asset in delivering quality experiences, and we are glad you enjoyed the views. We look forward to your next visit and send our best to you in North Carolina.

HarbourView Inn

Been to Harbourview Inn? Share your experiences!