This hotel’s location right by the Harbor, in the heart of the downtown historic district, is unparalleled. The hotel is within walking distance to most attractions in downtown historic Charleston including the famous Market, old churches, museums, art galleries, rainbow row, the battery and others. Dining options around the hotel are great, with most notable restaurants located on or around East Bay, which is a block away from the hotel. We dined at High Cotton one evening, where we had a wonderful time (nice ambiance) and enjoyed exquisite food.
To add to the pleasure of staying there (we stayed for a week), the service and hospitality were fantastic! This hotel and its staff exceeded our expectations! The daily complimentary cheese and wine happy hour, the freshly baked cookies and milk, and the occasional live entertainment on the roof are all phenomenal ideas, quite rare in most hotels and had the effect of producing an overall exceptional experience. The staff in general was very attentive, polite and helpful, and we had the good fortune of meeting Drue, one of the hotel’s managers, who made our stay an unforgettable one! He was absolutely wonderful: a savvy businessman, a friendly local with a wealth of knowledge about local attractions and a caring supervisor with great interpersonal skills, all embodied in one person! Marcus, Sabrina and Lisa were also terrific.
We had a gorgeous room facing the harbor with its beautiful fountain, which are considered top attractions in Charleston. In fact, we noticed that shuttles from other hotels brought their guests to the harbor and locals visited the area on the weekend. The free trolley/shuttle bus (green color, no. 211) stops right by the hotel and can take you to Marion Square where there is a farmer’s market (in additional to the famous Market that is close to the hotel) every weekend as well as street fairs and exhibits (arts and crafts) during the week. We saw an art exhibit on the lawn during the Spoleto Festival. King Street, along which Charleston’s famous shopping district is located, is very close to Marion Square.
Overall a memorable experience! We look forward to staying at the HarbourView Inn again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston