“Perfect location!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Palm Beach Gardens
“Perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I actually tried over 20 bed and breakfasts for a spur of the moment road trip up to Charleston, all were sold out. One of them recommended the Harborview Inn. I got the last room. I didn't realize what great luck that was until we arrived. Perfect location! Right in middle of all the action! Our room was ready early. The best mattress that I have ever slept on, we are going to order one for our home. The little extras ,such as a great breakfast , which we had on the rooftop terrace, wine and cheese in the afternoon and milk and cookies at night. It was a perfect weekend getaway! We couldn't have been mre pleased. We would defiantly recommend this Inn!

Room Tip: Next time we would book earlier and request a balcony room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Winegril561,

I am always thrilled to see our guests take advantage of HarbourView Inn’s “Perfect Location.” On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for sharing your experience of complimentary rooftop breakfast, comfortable Tempur Pedic beds, and all of our other services and amenities. We are happy you had a wonderful weekend getaway and we hope we can accommodate you again in the future. We send our best to you in Palm Beach Gardens.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

HarbourView Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights this past weekend. The rooms were very nice and clean. The wine and cheese on the rooftop and breakfast delivered to the room are really special touches. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FROMOMAHANEBRASKA,

On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future travelers. We are happy you enjoyed all of our complimentary services and amenities as it is important for us to provide such services to provide a sense of ease and comfort. We hope we may accommodate you again in the future, and we send our best to you in Omaha.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our stay at the Harbour View Inn was exceptional. The location and hotel service were as advertised and right in the middle of Charleston. The staff was very helpful and could not have been nicer during our stay. The beds all had tempurpedic mattresses and the rooms were well stocked with all you could need.

The Inn provides free breakfast delivered to your room, or you can get a smaller breakfast at the coffee center. You also had free wine and cheese daily in the afternoon with fresh hot chocolate chip cookies at night with warm milk. They really try to make this an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear 494DavidC27,

We are thrilled to hear of your exceptional experience at the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future travelers. We are all happy to see you enjoyed our convenient location in Historic Charleston and all of our complimentary services and amenities. We hope to accommodate you again in the future, and we send our best to you in Boston.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The staff was not helpful at all when we asked about transportation and about the breakfast buffet that was advertised in their Inn.
We did not feel we were treated important enough to bother with.
I will not recommend staying there. What could have been a positive experience was spoiled by staff members.
The location was good but ther are a lot of places to choose from in that area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear 821Glenda,

I thank you for providing your honest opinion regarding your recent experience at the HarbourView Inn. Your feedback will be valuable in our dedication to continually improving our services. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, but please except my most sincere apologies for any disservice you experienced. This is certainly not indicative of our usual services, and in past reviews our service team has received compliments for their hard work and dedication to providing our guests with a quality experience. I am deeply saddened and embarrassed that this is not what you encountered.

Our team is on duty 24 hours a day to assist with requests of all kinds. We take pride in Historic Charleston’s culture by providing information on historic attractions, Low Country dining, transportation and tours. There is no request we will not consider to make sure our guests have a perfect stay. Please do not hesitate to ask for a member of our management team if you have any sort of negative experience. This will lead to further training that can improve our services, and give us an opportunity to recover from any disservice during your stay.

HarbourView Inn is limited in our breakfast options as we do not have a full service kitchen. Our daily breakfast service is a complimentary continental breakfast consisting of fresh pastries from a local bakery, fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits, and several beverage options. This can be delivered to the guest room, our rooftop terrace, or the atrium. We would be happy to accommodate requests for additional breakfast items not on our menu so we may ensure your approval of food options.

We are dedicated to continually improve our services and amenities, and I can assure your review will be utilized in further training to improve our services. We do hope you were able to enjoy our beautiful city and the other specialized services of the HarbourView Inn. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, and if you choose to return please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you in any way. We send our best to you in Minnesota.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

The Harbourview Inn is a beautiful hotel located in charleston's historic district. It is within easy walking distance of world class restaurants, shops, historical areas and located right next to the the pier and harbor for beautiful views (if you have a room with a harbor view). The rooms are very nice, with Tempurpedic mattresses and beautiful furniture.

The Inn provides a wine and cheese reception that you can enjoy in the lobby or roof top if the weather is nice. They also provide milk and cookies later in the evening if you are craving something sweet.

I will say that the service was excellent and quick to respond to any requests that we had. I think it's a little pricey, but what "historic" hotel in Charleston isn't? All and all I would have to say it was an excellent hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Edgar L,

I am pleased to hear you had an excellent experience with the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your compliments of our luxury accommodations, our specialized services and of course our convenient location in Historic Charleston with beautiful views. We hope to accommodate and serve you again on a return trip to Charleston, and we send our best to you in Alabama.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We so debated -having read reviews for both - between this hotel and its sister a few blocks over but did not regret our choice. I guess we would have to try the other to compare however, I cannot see what would draw one from this Inn. The location was great, the view was very nice and fun to watch the crowd, not loud during this month.
We were there 3 nights and did get a bit tired of the same breakfast even though you get several choices each choice was always the same.
Overall we were very pleased with the cleanliness, room size, view and friendly staff.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hope_Star78,

Thank you for sharing your experience of a friendly staff, beautiful views and a convenient location in Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with future travelers. We hope we to accommodate and serve you again on a return visit to Charleston and we send our best to you and your family.

gurnee, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed three nights at Harbourview Inn in a King Harbourside room (#112). I had AAA discount and before we left the price of our room had gone down. I called and they modified my room rate. The room was close to the breakfast/wine and cheese and sitting area. Also on the same floor as check in, yet is was very quiet. The bed--incredible. My husband and I LOVED the bed. I love that we were literally next to waterfront park and I was able to run across the street and catch the sunrise on the pier. We did move to the French Quarter Inn our last two nights since when I booked Harbourview did not have all five nights available. Personally based on price, the type of room we had and location I would prefer the Harbourview. The staff at the French Quarter were incredible, but our room had no view and the bed--well we were spoiled. The bathroom at French Quarter was HUGE though. I think the breakfasts at both were pretty much the same. As was the cheese and wine spread. Plus the French Quarter was about a third more than the Harbourview in room rate--and that was King at Harbourview and two queen room at FQ.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shell1766,

I am thrilled to receive such a detailed review of your experience in Historic Charleston. I am happy to see our front desk team was efficient in helping you with the best available rate and it is great to see you enjoyed your HarbourSide accommodations. HarbourView Inn’s location is hard to beat in Historic Charleston and it is nice to see you took advantage of our convenient location by watching the sun rise over Water Front Park. Thank you for sharing your comparison of our sister property, the French Quarter Inn. Both properties offer great experiences, and we are thrilled to be a top choice of yours. We hope we can accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Illinois.

HarbourView Inn

Been to Harbourview Inn? Share your experiences!