“Location, location, location ” 3 of 5 stars

Charleston - Days Inn Historic District
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   155 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401   |
Ranked #48 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Vancouver, Canada
“Location, location, location ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at the Days Inn for 2 nights in July. The motel is run down and our room had a musty smell.

Unfortunately when we returned back to our room at 6pm, on our second day, the sheets had been taken off the 2 beds in our room, and nothing else. When we told reception they asked if we had the "do not disturb" on our door, then told us that housekeeping had left for the day. We told them that we didn't need our room cleaned, but we did need sheets on the bed! Thankfully when we returned to the room after dinner, the bed had been made up.

The saving grace for this motel is that it is perfectly located for anyone who wants to walk to everything within the historic district.

Stayed July 2014
Brian G, General Manager at Charleston - Days Inn Historic District, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Cyntheap,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced and we regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Canton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We read the reviews before we booked. We knew what we were getting into, but I would not stay here again. The location is simply perfect. The staff was a mix of good and bad, but the room was just bad. My husband ushered out no less than 10 bugs including 5 caterpillars! I expected the furniture would be out of date, but I did not expect watermarks and stains. It was just old. I felt dirty here. PLEASE do yourself a favor and stay directly next door at the Meeting Street Inn. The prices were comparable for the same dates we stayed. Plus it has a cute southern charm.
If you do stay, make sure you check your bill. They charge you $1.50 per night for the safe whether you use it or not.

Room Tip: I'm assuming all the rooms are as old and disgusting as the one we stayed in. Don't stay he...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
R B,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I really couldn't be happier with this hotel. For the price, it's exactly what I was looking for. It was MUCH cheaper than other hotels in the area, but if you go into it expecting a clean, simple hotel, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Stayed here for three nights over a long weekend with my girlfriend and we we felt safe and comfortable. Staff was friendly, rooms were older but clean. We even spent an afternoon by the pool which wasn't luxurious, but was a nice touch in the middle of the city. The BEST part of this hotel is the location. You are RIGHT in the middle of historic downtown and we walked to excellent shopping, tours, bars and restaurants every night. If you're looking for something clean, and cost efficient but still in a great location, this is your place!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
MrsMichellePaul,

Thank you for your review! Our location is definitely ideal for our guests whom would like to experience Historic Downtown Charleston. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the décor of our property.Your feedback is such a valuable part of our continued efforts to improve the overall experience of our guests.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Horse carriages, drunks, and the slamming of neighbors doors kept me up all night. Ask for a room on the second floor, at least. The room was shabby, the bathroom smelled pissy, and I wanted to keep on flip flops in the shower. I'll stay elsewhere next time I visit Charleston.

Amanda Erin G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced and we regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. Thank you again for your time and for staying with us.
Central Arizona, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

If all you need is a bed in the Historic area of Charleston, this is a good one. It's literally walking distance to The Battery, the Harbor Cruises, the Old Slave Market (City Market) and several other downtown historic areas of interest. We were able to leave our car and walk to all of the points of interest.

That said, though, the property is obviously older. There are quite a few cosmetic defects (cracks in the walls, older bathroom fixtures, etc.), and housekeeping services can be hit or miss.

Overall, the hotel was good for our needs and I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CarolinaVixen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do strive to provide exceptional accommodations to all who choose to stay with us. I am sorry your overall impression of the property fell short of your expectations.
Manchester, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had never been to Charleston before and wasn't sure where to stay downtown so I tried the Days Inn. If going to stay downtown there are better alternatives. During my stay there was a day that our room wasn't made but they came and took the dirty towels but didn't leave clean ones. I went to the front desk and they didn't want to give me enough for each of us in the room a clean towel. There were three of us and they only wanted to give 2 towels. After I left and got home I found out they charged me for the SAFE each day that was never used and not something I wanted.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
First and foremost, I'd like to apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I am forwarding the details about your comments to my maintenance and housekeeping departments. I would hope that you'd give us another chance to prove our standards and hospitality. Thank you for your time.
North Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is probably the only hotel in the historic area under 300 dollars. It is not the fanciest hotel, kind of dated. However, for a Days Inn it is kept up better and they do try to keep the outside more presentable to fit into Charleston. The young guy working in the afternoon was very helpful and prompt. The women at check out in the morning were rude.

This hotel is about location, location, location without breaking the bank. It really is central. You can go out the rod iron door by pool and be on King St shopping or Market St out the back or Meeting St right out from. You are located right near the Market so you can be shopping on King St in one minute or heading down Church St to the battery in 2. If you are looking for just a cheap bed in a great location this is it. Also a perk is on site parking in downtown Charleston. Average hotel nothing fancy great location and parking. Giving it very good for the location and parking compared to price.

Stayed July 2014
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while shopping and visiting Days Inn Historic Downtown, Charleston, Sc.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad that you found our location so convenient. Hope to see you again soon

Been to Charleston - Days Inn Historic District? Share your experiences!