“Repeat customer not being treated right” 3 of 5 stars

Charleston - Days Inn Historic District
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   155 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401   |
Ranked #48 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Burlington, North Carolina
“Repeat customer not being treated right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have stayed at this motel about a half dozen times, mostly for the Cooper River Bridge Run. The location is great but hardly anything else is up to par. I have two rooms reserved for this year's (2014) bridge run (that I reserved last year). I got the "pre-paid" price which was attractive for this very busy weekend. One of the rooms I have reserved is for my son and his wife. She found out last fall that she pregnant and due on April 2. Needless to say, they won't be there. I called the hotel to try and cancel, expecting to pay a cancellation fee. I was passed off once to a person who said she had spoken with the General Manager and since the room was prepaid at a discount, no money can be refunded. The GM never spoke to me directly. C'mon Man! You know that you can book that room in about 5 minutes at a higher rate than I am paying. This is a huge event in Charleston. I love the location, especially for the race. You are not treating me , a repeat customer, very fairly. The cancellation is due to a medical situation.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vicky R, General Manager at Charleston - Days Inn Historic District, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We treat each and every customer fair. It is not our policy to make someone feel otherwise. However a prepaid reservation is out of our hands. The benefits of a prepaid reservations allows the guest to guarantee their reservation at a discounted rate. The property does not set the rule however we must also agree to the terms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I try to stay at this hotel every time we come to Charleston. The location is perfect, rooms are cozy, and staff is always very friendly. Can't wait to come back and see you all again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Vicky R, General Manager at Charleston - Days Inn Historic District, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We can't wait to see you again!!! It is always nice when our guest love coming back. Thank you for being so kind. We will see you next time.

Been to Charleston - Days Inn Historic District? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Charleston - Days Inn Historic District

Address: 155 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401
Location: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Charleston
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #48 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Hotel Class:2 star — Charleston - Days Inn Historic District 2*
Located in the heart of the historic district, this hotel exudes all the warmth and charm of historic Charleston. Like the city this hotel has retained all the character and history of its past. This hotel provides an excellent starting point for your shopping, touring, and dining venues. Southern hospitality and special comforts are what makes this Days Inn Historic Charleston the place to stay when visiting Charleston. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Charleston - Days Inn Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Charleston - Days Inn Historic District Hotel Charleston
Days Inn Charleston

If you own or manage Charleston - Days Inn Historic District, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.