“Basic but in a perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #47 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Basic but in a perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were a little worried about this hotel because there had been a few negative reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel is quite basic but hotel rooms were very clean and had everything we needed for our stay including towels, hairdryer and toiletries. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was decent. The best thing about the hotel is the location, it is situated opposite Charleston Market and everything in Charleston is within walking distance, it couldn't have been more perfect. If I went back to Charleston (I hope I do), I would have no problems staying at Days Inn again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Hastings on Hudson, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were very excited about this hotel because it was so close to all the great sights, yet vey economical. We soon found out why. Upon check-in, I was told we had a smoking room. Since we do not smoke, I asked if this can be changed. I was told by Nytashia in a rude manner (very unlike the south), that since we booked through "a third party" (my rewards program) we had no other options. Room was filthy and stunk of tobacco. Remote needed batteries, refrigerator did not work. I was afraid to walk around without slippers. Parking was impossible even with the pass. Call to our credit card, told us that the hotel refused to give us a refund. We checked out 3 days early (without refund) because we could not abide the room one more night. Cleaning service awful - one day we actually came back to the room and the first of the 2 double beds were made us, and the second, along with the bathroom was not touched! Stay at one of the hotels a bit further away, but nicer...

Room Tip: really, not a place you would want to stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed this past weekend with my daughter and her best friend for a "girls weekend" before school starts. First of all the location was excellant!! You couldn't ask for a more perfect location. Close to the market, restaurants and shopping. We parked our car and walked where ever we wanted. The room was small, but clean. The beds were doubles and they were comfortable, but it would have been nice to have had queens for a little more room. We got a lot of use out of the refridgerator by keeping it stocked with water/drinks to have after a long day of shopping and sightseeing. The staff were also very friendly and accommodating. Next time we're in town, we will be staying here. Oh yeah, if you want a good breakfast, try the restaurant "Toast". It is next to the check in office at the hotel. Awesome grits!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Pros:
-Locations
-Parking: no pass, you're getting towed. Clutch in downtown Charleston.

Cons:
-Dirty, didn't let my feet touch the ground once without shoes.
-Odor.
-Noisy.
-Dim lighting.
-Doors did not want to shut, must actually push it shut
-No elevator.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel was better than I expected. From all the reviews on it being old and run down, I expected it to be that way. However, It beat my expectations. The rooms were clean, bathroom was clean, although the tub was a little stopped up and anytime someone next to us would flush the toilet I would get a burst of cool water, but it wasn't too bad.The air conditioner worked great and kept the room cool, it wasn't loud at all. The staff was friendly and helpful. The little restaurant next door (Toast) was convenient and pretty good. One morning I did wake up to hearing delivery trucks at 6 am but It's to be expected when you're in the city. It was a little difficult to find because a tree is obscuring the "Days Inn" sign but luckily I read about some of the places it was close to (Like the Market building). Parking was not a problem for us, we even arrived at 5pm and the lot wasn't completely full, plus we were told that there was parking on the other side of the building plus a parking garage close by. It was nice not to have to pay to park and plan on walking most places. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the Days Inn while visiting friends in Charleston. We chose it because we have a little dog and they are pet friendly which is a very good thing. But.....when I checked in for my King non-smoking room,I was told I would have to pay a$100 non refundable deposit for the dog and....it could be a non smoking room,otherwise a smoking room was $ 15. I was told if it was too full of a tobacco smell, I could inform the front desk and maybe they might have a non smoking room for us.
The room had been renovated in recent years but poorly.New carpet,furniture and bedding but the bathroom was old and needed replacing.
As I said in the beginning location is the primary reason to stay here.In the middle of downtown
Close to the Market,restaurants and the waterfront.
Charlestown is always a charming and wonderful city to visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The best part about this hotel is the location. It is located right in the middle of the historic district and we we were able to walk to just about everything we wanted, including sightseeing, restaurants, shopping, etc. Another plus is that we were able to park practically outside our door, which made transferring luggage to and from the room very easy. The room was average, nothing fancy, but it had everything you would need and was clean. If you don't care about amenities and just want a reasonably-priced hotel room in a great location, this is definitely a bargain!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Charleston - Days Inn Historic District? Share your experiences!