Stayed here on March 1, 2 and 3 2014 and posted a review when we returned home a few days later. I know the review was posted because I received a response from the 'manager' but it has mysteriously disappears. Maybe Tripadvisor allows an establishment to remove unfavorable reviews - hope that is not the case but I will repost to share my horror story.
In most ways the HIE Charleston is unremarkable - reasonably clean, average breakfast, etc. Unfortunately this hotel seems to attract a clientele that is shipping out the next day on a cruise and is more interested in party than sleep. I stay at a hotel to get a good night sleep and that is not what we got on the first two nights of our stay. Between 1 and 2 in the morning, we were woken by slamming doors, running up and down the hallways and loud voices. Both nights we resorted to calling the front desk and it settled down shortly after but by then we were wide awake. On the third night we were informed that there would be no one staying prior to a cruise to it should be better. Well if you know that this is the intent of some of your guests, you should take the appropriate actions to control their actions when they party in the pool and then return to their rooms in the early hours of the morning.
We have stayed at this hotel and others in the area on prior occasions and have never had this problem but will not return to this hotel again. If the intent of Tripadvisor is to allow customers to provide honest review to "really help other travelers" please do not remove this review.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston (Us 17 & i-526) Hotel Charleston
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston (Us 17 And i-526)
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston (Us 17 & i-526) Hotel
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Charleston is the perfect choice for value and convenience, located five miles from Historic Downtown Charleston and Charleston International Airport. At check-in, enjoy freshly baked cookies and icy lemonade. In addition, our friendly staff will assist in your plans to explore Charleston shopping, Charleston golf, Charleston area beaches, great local Charleston restaurants and many other Charleston attractions. For your convenience, tours are available with convenient pick up from our lobby. Our friendly staff will assist you with Charleston tour packages, directions and discount coupons. Charleston Annual Special Events & Festivals (within 5 miles of hotel) Southeastern Wildlife Expo (February) Charleston Food & Wine Festival (February) Festival of House & Gardens (March) Flower Town Festival (April) Cooper River Bridge Run (April) Charleston Cajun Festival (April) Family Circle Cup (Tennis April) Spoleto & Piccolo Spoleto Festival (May-June) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.