You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The location was wonderful. The hotel room was fine but the staff was what made it such a great experience! Every person we dealt with was friendly and eager to help. Unfortunately, our room (#150) was close to the elevator and we could hear the elevator going up and down all night long. Not a big deal since the beds were extremely comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DTreebyHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Pat P,
Thank you for bringing to our attention your candid review of your recent stay with the Doubletree by Hilton. I am sorry to hear about your guestroom location near the elevators. We certainly understand that Charleston is full of hospitality choices and we appreciate your business!
As a company it is our goal for each guest to experience the warmth and glow of hospitality and we are you you got to see us in action.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Safe Travels…

Michael Perry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am a meeting planner and I recently held a meeting for approximately 15 people here in July 2014. The location is excellent for a meeting! It is walking distance to the open air marketplace and all the shops, etc. It is also walking distance to many excellent restaurants. The hotel rooms are good. I told my clients to ask for an executive king room after looking at previous reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor since they have larger bathrooms. One of my clients booked his room last minute and got one fo the other rooms and did say his bathroom was tiny but knew it was his own fault :) The sleeping room was an average room. Perfectly fine, but nothing special. Our meeting space was nice. It was in another part of the hotel (through a courtyard) so a few people had trouble finding it. It also had a small staircase you had to go up to get to. Many of my clients bring their suitcases with them to their meeting in the morning so they can dash out to the airport when they are done (half day meeting) so that was a little inconvenient. The banquet staff was excellent! They were very attentive and on the ball. The only issue I had is I did reserve wifi for my meeting room and it wasn't turned on when I arrived that morning. They had an issue with getting it going. They had to "reboot" it or something. So there was a little delay on that but it was taken care of. The front desk,, av, banquet, sales, & catering staff were all pleasant to work with.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive king if you want a larger bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ann5521
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and apologize for the difficulty in finding your meeting rooms. We understand first impressions can be lasting impressions and we never want you to have a bad experience while staying with us. Your comments will be incorporated into future trainings so we can ensure we're meeting our guests high expectations. We are glad to hear that the banquet staff took such great care of you. Please come back and see us again soon….

Kind regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great location, but our room had very dated living room furniture and tiny bathroom. The staff at check in was great. However, we went to ask clerk in the late evening about activities and such and he was not helpful or seemed to care even though there was no one else there.

No pool but did not need. Location was perfect, but just did not wow us.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DTreebyHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Jeff M
Thank you for bringing to our attention your candid review of your recent stay with the Doubletree by Hilton. I am sorry to hear that your impression of the room was “dated” and that the evening staff was not accomodating. This is very troubling to us and I will be meeting with our department heads, as well as, the Team to ensure that these issues do not happen again and are handled differently. We certainly understand that Charleston is full of hospitality choices and we appreciate your business!
As a company it is our goal for each guest to experience the warmth and glow of hospitality and we are sorry for not living up to this standard with your visit.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Safe Travels…

Spartanburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very nice hotel, great location!! Brought my Grandkids here for their first trip to Charleston. The location was perfect for shopping at the market and for catching a carriage tour. Great restaurants within walking distance also. I definitely would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Charleston.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTreebyHilton, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Karen M,
Thank you for your gracious review reminding everyone how convenient the hotel is in the historic market area. It is exciting to hear how much guests enjoy our location when visiting historic Charleston as they visit the variety of shopping and restaurant choices that make up the historic area.
We know that Charleston is full of choices and appreciate you making the historic Doubletree your choice. We look forward to seeing you again real soon…

Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a good stay at the Doubletree in Charleston staying in the new section across the courtyard from the reception area. I was concerned that it would be noisy because we were one floor above the meeting/banquet room level but we never heard anything from that. We did hear some noise out in the hallway and our air conditioner and plumbing were quite noisy at times. The room was pretty and our bed was quite comfy. Our favorite thing about this hotel is it's great location next door to the City Market and it's great proximity to all of the restaurants and sites in the historical district. We have stayed here in the past and would stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DTreebyHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear vgp95
Thank you for bringing to our attention your candid review of your recent stay with the Doubletree by Hilton. I am sorry to hear about the noise encounters. We certainly understand that Charleston is full of hospitality choices and we appreciate your business!

Best wishes,
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I arrived a little early and the room wasn't ready, no big deal, I just walked around the Historic area. On check-in I was told that to park my car would be an additional $27/nite. I still wasn't too upset until I got to my king room! I could touch the ceiling, it was the tiniest room I have ever stayed in. Bathroom was in major need of renovation, plastic tub and surround, old tile that had been patched many times around base. And did I mention that there were roaches in the room! I would not recommend this hotel. The only reason I booked it was the close proximity to the Historic area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear keywestlady
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me and allowing me to follow up with our team, ensuring that you and future guests do not experience this situation again. With Charleston full of hospitality choices I hope you will allow us another chance to show you the Doubletree by Hilton experience as you have grown and expect.
Kind regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface my comments by stating I have no complaints about the property or the staff. Everything was ok - not terrific, not awful, just ok. I don't know if I expected more and didn't get it or if it is just an average hotel. As a Hilton Diamond and a Starwood Platinum member, I spend a lot time in hotels and although this location is right in the middle of it all, something just didn't click. The staff was courteous but seemingly not interested in exceeding expectations. I didn't feel as if they cared if I was happy or not - the service at breakfast was fine, not great. The room was
fine, not great. I inquired about a later check-out - the front desk begrudgingly gave me an hour. Other than location, nothing here gave me a reason to return, but at the same time, nothing was terrible. I guess some places are just average.
As for location, you are right at the market, within walking distance of shops and restaurants - carriage rides are around the corner. Try walking an extra block or two to find some non- touristy, excellent restaurants.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear drdave60
Thank you for bring to our attention your candid review of your recent stay with the Doubletree by Hilton. I am sorry to hear our service did not excced your expectations. We certainly understand that Charleston is full of hospitality choices and we appreciate your business!