1) Location: As everyone says, the location is ideal.
2) Rooms: We experienced 2 rooms whilst there, & although the beds were comfortable, there are certainly other issues which have been mentioned by other reviewers. Our second room had AC noise & the shower fitting needed a lot of playing with - it was either stone cold or dangerously hot. I'm not a fan of fixed shower heads either but during our trip to Savannah & South Carolina, we only experienced one hotel out of five with a flexible hose which is great for just hair washing.
Our 2nd room had an arrangement where the bath & toilet were together but the basin unit was in the hallway, in full view of the room. This was definitely horrible & reminded me of a cheap student bedsit in London.
3) Staff: Very friendly. One point though: We were awakened one morning by a loud warning/loudspeaker in the room reporting a fire in the building & told to make our way to the nearest exit. We dressed quickly & left the room, finding a security man on his radio resetting the lift. It turned out a guest had burnt their toast in the dining room which had set off the fire alarms. Of course, we do appreciate the alarm system is functioning well, but we had no follow up from any staff at all or any further announcement & had to approach the reception to ask what was going on & could we stand down...? I wondered what would have happened in a real emergency. Another couple on our floor made similar comments.
4) Food: Only had breakfast. The first couple of mornings, the scrambled eggs were completely dried up & sticking to the warmer. The rest was the usual fare we had experienced in other (less expensive) hotels. Coffee was the stewed & weak "Kona" type coffee (If there's one thing managment might consider changing, this would certainly top my list)
5) General experience: Sorry but we did expect a more luxurious experience.......
Can't recommend the rooms with separate washbasin across the hallway
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
November 21, 2012
Thank you for brining your recent negative experiences with our hotel to our attention. We regret to learn you received far less than our normal. We have reviewed your posting with each member of our team. We pride ourselves in offering consistent and professional service and offer a sincere apology for our failures to live up to both of our expectations on your recent visit. Please know your concerns were shared with all and we appreciate all sources of feedback from our guests to allow us to analyze and improve our operation.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.