“Great location and very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   181 Church Street, Charleston, SC 29401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
35% Off Parking-Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 54 hotels in Charleston
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great location and very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location is great and the staff is always friendly. I have stayed at this property several times and it always wonderful. You can park and walk all over the historic district. After check out, they always let us leave our car as long as we want. They offered several upgrades on line but stayed with one bedroom suite I reserved. Great room. Close to several good restaurants and all shopping.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DTreebyHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review. We certainly appreciate your comments and we will share them with our entire Team so they can hear your comments, as well. I am delighted to hear that you received and enjoyed our signature “southern hospitality”. We strive to leave our guests with a very positive and memorable experience. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Safe travels…

973 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Great location right next to the market. Easy walking distance to bay street. Service was excellent. Valet recommended fun activities. Front desk manager had our room ready even though we arrived very early. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012
DTreebyHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Doubletree by Hilton-Historic Charleston. I will be sharing your comments with our Team so they can appreciate your comments regarding our service as well. We strive to provide “southern hospitality” with each guest. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed for 1 night to view college of charleston with my daughter. Hotel is in great location! Walk everywhere, you must have your car valet parked by hotel. Be sure to check your bill I was charged for two vehicles when I only drove one vehicle into hotel. Overall great hotel, friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again if in Charleston.

Room Tip: Furniture in room slightly worn. Ask for the most updated room if possible. Room was very spacious...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid review of your hotel and service. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and with share your comments with our entire Team. Your comments regarding our service were enjoyable as we strive to provide “southern hospitality” with guest. We look forward to seeing you again real soon here in Charleston.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have stayed at this property multiple times, and the location can't be beat if you want to be in the center of everything. One time I won it on Priceline for an incredibly cheap price, and another time they upgraded me to a two floor suite with a Priceline winning bid. Parking is always an issue in downtown Charleston, but you could do far worse than this property if you want to experience one of the great cities of the USA.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a night while on business in Charleston. Very centrally located. Easy walk to restaurants and tourist sites. Staff was extremely friendly. Breakfast was well above average. Highly recommend for anyone needing a place to stay in Charleston.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DTreebyHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide your glowing feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay! I will be sharing your comments regarding our “southern hospitality” to the Team as they will enjoy hearing your comments as well. We look forward to welcoming you back real soon! Safe travels…
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've stayed at multiple doubletree properties and this one has to be one of the best I have ever stayed in! I had never been to the city of Charleston before and was excited at exploring the city and everything it had to offer. I checked in fairly late in the afternoon and after valet parking was quickly checked in by the front desk. Since I had never been to the city before I asked the desk staff things to do, places to eat, etc., by this point many of the places were already closed for the day, however they immediately offered me a late checkout the following day so I would have ample time to check out the city life before I had to leave.
The bartender was great as well. I wanted to try something different and unique so he offered a special recipe he had been working on and he was genuinely excited for me to try it out!
From the front desk staff, the bartender, valet service, and to management, everyone here is top notch in my book!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DTreebyHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your gracious comments about our hotel and our Team member service. Our number one priority is to offer our guest “southern hospitality” and glad to hear you received such a warm welcome. I will share your comments with our Team so they can hear what a great job they did. Hope to see you return to the Doubletree Hotel again soon. Safe travels.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

WE bought the breakfast/carriage tour package and really liked it. The hotel location is ideal for exploring Charleston since everything is within walking distance. There are also pedicabs and a free trolley available in the area.

We enjoyed the proximity to the market and shops.

Room Tip: This is a really good location.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DTreebyHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the historic sites. I will be sure to share your comments with our Team. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District

Address: 181 Church Street, Charleston, SC 29401
Location: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Charleston > Downtown
#16 Business Hotel in Charleston
#29 Family Hotel in Charleston
#31 Romantic Hotel in Charleston
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Hotel Charleston
Doubletree Historic District

If you own or manage DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.