The location of this hotel is great if you like the water. It is right on the Ashley River overlooking the marina. It also appears to be in the direct flight path of migrating birds and the air force. Neither were bothersome to us.
Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? Probably but I would suggest they look at the room first as the motto here is not "Cleanliness is next to ........................".
The room we originally booked was of a decent size and had a balcony like we reqested (not all rooms do) but it was in close proximity to the dumpsters and any view was blocked by a very large tree. I noticed some lint and crumbs on the carpet and figured they would be vacummed up the next day. (we arrived late). In the morning when I looked up I noticed dangling "strings" of dirt from the ceiling. I called the front desk and asked them to inform housekeeping to be sure they cleaned thoroughly that day. I was assured that would happen. IT DID NOT!!!
I went to the front desk personally to discuss the cleaning of the room and the girl at the desk was sorry for the inconvenience and said she would move us to another room. She upgraded us to a better room and we moved ourselves there. Waterview and great view of the sunset in the evening. BUT don't sit on the lawn furniture. YUK!!
The common areas of the hotel are kept very well and cleaned all the time. The pool was sparkling but the rooms as other travelers stated were not cleaned well at all. In the first room because we were still in our room they just hung clean towels on the door and left. They did come back and make the bed when we went out.
Some of the people at the front desk were very customer service oriented but a couple were not and did not speak well of those that were.
Breakfast was the normal buffet or you could order from the menu. No other meals were served from the restaurant. The "bar" is not open every evening. Price in the snack shop are HIGH HIGH HIGH!!
In summary the location is good and we were glad we did not stay downtown but they really need to clean this hotel better and do some updating if they want to stay in the running.
I will be writing to the corporate offices and suggest they read this site and inspect their hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Marriott
- Charleston Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, located just minutes from the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Unique among hotels in Charleston, guests can experience stunning views of the Ashley River while enjoying our hot breakfast options, unwinding on our beautiful terrace, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool, relaxing by our fire pit or whirlpool, or resting in their spacious guest room. Our stunning hotel is a short drive from the city's top destinations including; the shopping on King Street, the downtown market, historic plantations, and military parks. This unique hotel offers a 24 hour fitness center and a business center. Join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet. If you're looking for something quick, our waterfront Charleston hotel offers a 24-hour market with snacks, beverages, soups, sandwiches and salads. Our Charleston, SC meeting space is ideal for intimate rehearsal dinners, meetings, and social events. Experience true luxury accommodations at the top waterfront hotel in Charleston, Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. An unforgettable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.