“Restored, Not Renewed” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palm Coast, Florida
“Restored, Not Renewed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It wasn't as nice as I expected it to be for the money! They need to change the name to " Tax Town " 13.5% + another $1.00 miscellaneous, just because they want toooo... Almost anywhere else in S.C. 6% TAX is all they charge. Plus room tax? A friendly place, ? Not like it use to be! ,:) But still an interesting place. ?.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel for the money. There isn't alot near by to keep you entertained.
Green Features: The restaurant that is near by, you will need to be in good condition to climb all the steps. There are prepackaged sandwiches@ the nearby gas station, no problem! LOL :)
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were visiting the area for 4 days and wanted a water view . This is the ideal spot. Close to downtown with easy access to Folly Beach,Sullivan island and Isle of Palms. Hotel offers a shuttle service for $6 which we used, it also not to far from the free trolley too, which we also used. We had a king room with a balcony over looking the pool and marina. The room was small but comfortable and clean. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, Eddie the concierge was very helpful. Great place to stay in Charlston

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying multiple nights at our hotel during your recent visit to Charleston. We are very pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and loved your room with the beautiful river views. I am delighted to hear that Eddie was very helpful as is our entire staff. The next time your travels bring you to Charleston we would love to have you stay with us again.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really liked this Courtyard. The staff was great! I wish I had written down the name of the woman who worked with us on the night we arrived as she deserves an award. So friendly and customer oriented. The fan was a bit loud in our room and this was promptly addressed. She gave us very helpful hints on how to get into town. The next morning, she was there again doing other jobs. I had the feeling that she really cared about the client and this was not just a job for her.
The place does need some maintenance attention (air conditioner) and details for attention to cleaning including the travel book in the room. Despite that, I would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and have a water view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KMM0122,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Charleston. We work hard to provide high levels of service. I will share your compliments with my team to let them know their efforts are appreciated and noticed. I will look into the few issues you faced and will have them fixed immediately. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back very soon. Travel Safe.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Choose another hotel. Snide, snobbish front desk clerk. Waited while she apparently was taking a personal phone call and I suppose I was a bother to her. Anyway, we left without checking in. Plenty of other really nice hotels with extremely polite staff close by. Spend your money elsewhere is my best advice.

• Stayed July 2014
MarkThomasGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings from the Waterfront Denise N ~
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies. Your firsthand account will act as a teach tool for our Guest Service team. We work tirelessly to maintain a professional hotel and believe strongly is customer feedback. Thank you for aiding in our efforts to make the hotel a friendlier place to stay. Without your valuable input, we may not have realized this opportunity for improvement. Thank you again. Travel Safe!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed two nights in this hotel in a king-sized bed placed in a room barely large enough to accommodate a queen-sized bed. The lobby was not ramp accessible from the main parking lot and one evening of the two, all elevators were out. The staff, especially the bar and restaurant personnel were fabulous in seeing to our special needs of providing a freezer for ice packs since the room's refrigerator had no freezer compartment. I feel it is an older hotel near water activities that desperately needs updating.

Room Tip: My advice: pick another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear MrBill915,

We appreciate you choosing the Courtyard Charleston for your lodging needs recently. I am glad to know that my staff took care of your needs and I do apologize for the issues you faced during your stay. I do hope you will reconsider and return to the Courtyard Charleston, as I would like you to experience the Hotel as I would have liked you to on this visit. We hope to welcome you back soon. Travel safe.

Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

went into Charleston for one night on our way to Myrtle Beach; the surroundings were GREAT!! I love the river and it's right there. The front desk folks were very very friendly and helpful. The amenities like restaurants, etc. are all there too - the room was very clean and neat; it was a corner room so we had a partial view of the harbor and at night you can sit near the harbor and it's beautiful. The bed was comfortable; the place was very clean; the bathroom was clean and nice - but the air conditioner kept us up all night - it was very loud and when it cycles it moans and groans like a cheap horror flick. Needless to say it kept us up all night. So i rated it a point down.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Peggy Q,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Courtyard Charleston during your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed our many amenities we have to offer and found our service to be excellent. Sorry about the AC unit keeping you awake all night. I have taken note of the room you stayed in to make sure our Engineering staff takes care of the unit in that room. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit soon. Travel Safe.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Made a reservation for a king bed suite with a let out bed. Got there and was given a standard room. Went back down stairs and advised my reservation was for a king suite. I was given a king suite. Upon opening the door there was a smell, like a deli. Opened the door, the room smelled as if pickle juice was spilled right on the carpet.
Go into the sitting area, the fridge was horrible, nasty with hair inside.
Bathroom ceiling had black spots, after complaining found it was mold. Placed the thermostat down to 60 because the room was hot, left the room came back 2 hrs later , no change, reported to front desk, come to find out the air was out!! In the middle of August...

Reserversation was for 3 nights, by the third night, the mold turned into the a huge leak, I go to the the bathroom at 11:30 at night only to find the tolilet above rained on me. Went to front desk, told them I was not paying for this room and to put me into something else, was told they were full, after I said I was contacting the general manager, I was given a double king room.

Long story short, my stay was horrible and nasty, and HOT.
I was charged 244.00 for a room that smelled had hair in the fridge and the air did not work, OH and the upper floor toilet, rained on anyone who went into the room, did I forget to say there was a horrible smell in the bathroom!!!!??? Due to the leak, it smelled like an outdoor toilet on game day,.. Need I say more??? Just don't go PLEASE, don't let the water front view fool you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
MarkThomasGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings reddawnbbs,
Thank you very much for writing about your stay at our hotel. Customer feedback is the best way to continue to learn and make our hotel better. It is our goal to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and it always disheartening to learn that we failed to so.

Please accept my sincere apologies. This was certainly not something that we planned for or expected to happen. As we discussed, you were fully refunded for or the inconvenience you faced during your stay. Again, I know how frustrating this must have been for you and do apologize for the inconvenience.

Mark Thomas

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront? Share your experiences!