As weary travelers who spent over ten hours driving, I was more than ready to check in to this beautiful property. Upon approaching the front desk, I was told by a not so friendly front desk clerk that the hotel was sold out depsite having made a reservation in advance. To my dissapointment, the gentleman only handed me a paper with the name of the hotel and offered little else information or explantion besides their hotel being oversold and the Plaza Hotel being "not too far away." I wish the staff could have reached out to me sooner through phone or email prior to me arriving espeically with it being around 10:30 at night.
To make matters worse, they sent me somewhere about 10-15 minutes away. Despite passing other Marriotts we ended up at a downgraded lesser quality property right off the highway that was pretty desserted compared to their waterfront location. Not the type of location I would willingly drive down from south Florida to stay in.
When I checked my bank account the next day lo and behold, I was charged for the room I didn't stay in at the Courtyard! It took three phone calls and explaining my situation each of those times in order to get an answer. Night audit accidentally charged my account and the supervisor said I would be "credited back within 3-5 business days." Again little apology was made on behlaf of the staff. It was a little unsettling considering all the trouble I experienced already.
Think twice about staying at this location. A reservation doesn't gurantee your stay especially in peak seasons. Moreso I was dissapointed by the way they handled the situation. The staff was not too professional or understanding of my circumstance. It's a shame because it's a very beautiful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, located just minutes from the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Unique among hotels in Charleston, guests can experience stunning views of the Ashley River while enjoying our hot breakfast options, unwinding on our beautiful terrace, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool, relaxing by our fire pit or whirlpool, or resting in their spacious guest room. Our stunning hotel is a short drive from the city's top destinations including; the shopping on King Street, the downtown market, historic plantations, and military parks. This unique hotel offers a 24 hour fitness center and a business center. Join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet. If you're looking for something quick, our waterfront Charleston hotel offers a 24-hour market with snacks, beverages, soups, sandwiches and salads. Our Charleston, SC meeting space is ideal for intimate rehearsal dinners, meetings, and social events. Experience true luxury accommodations at the top waterfront hotel in Charleston, Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. An unforgettable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Charleston Marriott
- Charleston Courtyard