Let me preface this review by saying that we've been to Charleston before and stayed at the Planter's Inn, which we LOVED. This time around, we were looking for a hotel near the City Marina, as my Father in Law was sailing his boat in for the weekend to meet up with us.
The hotel itself is nice. It sits right on the waterway with a perfect view of the Ashley Marina and the City Marina next door. You CAN walk from the hotel to both marinas, but not along the water. There are sidewalks along the road that lead from the hotel to both the Ashley Marina and the City Marina. For the purpose of this particular visit the location was perfect, since we wanted to be able to walk to meet up with my Father-in-Law. However, if you're looking for a hotel that is within walking distance of Downtown, I would say this is not an appropriate choice. The hotel rate, although cheaper than most downtown options, did not make up for all the money we spent on parking fees downtown. If this is a visit to see the downtown Charleston sites, I do not believe this hotel is as convenient as others.
The room was nice. I was disappointed that it did not have a balcony, since the nights are so nice, especially on the water. There were several stains on the carpet and the bathroom wall had marks on it, as well. The sheets were clean though and view was beautiful. I would compare the room to a standard Marriott or Holiday Inn. Nothing spectacular. If you're looking for a place to sleep with clean sheets, these types of hotels always seem to fit the bill.
We found that it was a short drive downtown - less than 5 minutes, so it is definitely a much more desirable location if you have a car. There is not a free breakfast. The pool area was lovely and they had a verandah area, as well that had rocking chairs that overlooked the marina.
Overall, our stay was acceptable. Nothing spectacular, but definitely a cheaper alternative to a downtown Charleston hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, located just minutes from the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Unique among hotels in Charleston, guests can experience stunning views of the Ashley River while enjoying our hot breakfast options, unwinding on our beautiful terrace, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool, relaxing by our fire pit or whirlpool, or resting in their spacious guest room. Our stunning hotel is a short drive from the city's top destinations including; the shopping on King Street, the downtown market, historic plantations, and military parks. This unique hotel offers a 24 hour fitness center and a business center. Join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet. If you're looking for something quick, our waterfront Charleston hotel offers a 24-hour market with snacks, beverages, soups, sandwiches and salads. Our Charleston, SC meeting space is ideal for intimate rehearsal dinners, meetings, and social events. Experience true luxury accommodations at the top waterfront hotel in Charleston, Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. An unforgettable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HRS, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Charleston Courtyard
- Charleston Marriott