We have stayed here for years and find the location convenient and comfortable. On the last two trips we found that access to the hotel has been degraded by construction of a new property directly adjacent to the driveway and parking lot, and this is compounded by the unavoidable complications associated with the street and bridge improvements. It is very easy to miss a turn and have to cross the Ashley River Bridge and find some safe, correctly marked route back to Lockwood Dr. Much of this is not the fault of the hotel but is difficult nonetheless.
Also, on both stays, we left our room for the entire day, returning very late afternoon to clean up and prepare for evening affairs, only to find our room had been ignored by housekeeping. In the first instance, staff had left for the day except for one who may have been a super. They offered to let her clean then but we were pressed to get dressed and they sent a maintenance man up with towels. Two weeks later, same thing. This time we allowed the loan housekeeper to refresh towels and adjust bed linens so we could dress and make the wedding on time. In all fairness, the hotel was full both times but the rates reflect the occupancy level, not the service level! I should note that, on neither occasion did management offer any sort of appeasement like breakfast, etc. Some very small gift would go a long way to expressing regret.
In he future. We think Marriott properties in Mt. Pleasant or N. Charleston may be better choices. Many are newer and rates can be more palatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, located just minutes from the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Unique among hotels in Charleston, guests can experience stunning views of the Ashley River while enjoying our hot breakfast options, unwinding on our beautiful terrace, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool, relaxing by our fire pit or whirlpool, or resting in their spacious guest room. Our stunning hotel is a short drive from the city's top destinations including; the shopping on King Street, the downtown market, historic plantations, and military parks. This unique hotel offers a 24 hour fitness center and a business center. Join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet. If you're looking for something quick, our waterfront Charleston hotel offers a 24-hour market with snacks, beverages, soups, sandwiches and salads. Our Charleston, SC meeting space is ideal for intimate rehearsal dinners, meetings, and social events. Experience true luxury accommodations at the top waterfront hotel in Charleston, Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. An unforgettable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Charleston Marriott
- Charleston Courtyard