We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Charleston Waterfront as a compromise, wanting to be on the downtown peninsula but wanting to mitigate the cost of downtown hotels. The rooms are very nice and include wi-fi, a (very) mini refrigerator and microwave. There is adequate free parking. The view over the adjacent marina is terrific, but if you really want to enjoy it spring for a waterfront room. We had a city view which was not particularly nice. What I did not expect was that you can't really walk from this hotel to anywhere - there is nothing close by. It is a short drive into downtown and there is plenty of public parking, but you have to drive. Or pay $6/day/person to use the hotel shuttle.
The breakfast area was very nice and had a great view. Breakfast will run you about $10/person/day. I've never worked out why some Courtyards charge and some include a basic breakfast like Hampton Inns.
The hotel could use a business center. They had one desk top computer in an alcove called a "business center" but it was down. The staff allowed us to use their back office computer with printer to print boarding passes for our departure.
To have dinner you need to make your way downtown, or cross a bridge in either direction to find restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, located just minutes from the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Unique among hotels in Charleston, guests can experience stunning views of the Ashley River while enjoying our hot breakfast options, unwinding on our beautiful terrace, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool, relaxing by our fire pit or whirlpool, or resting in their spacious guest room. Our stunning hotel is a short drive from the city's top destinations including; the shopping on King Street, the downtown market, historic plantations, and military parks. This unique hotel offers a 24 hour fitness center and a business center. Join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet. If you're looking for something quick, our waterfront Charleston hotel offers a 24-hour market with snacks, beverages, soups, sandwiches and salads. Our Charleston, SC meeting space is ideal for intimate rehearsal dinners, meetings, and social events. Experience true luxury accommodations at the top waterfront hotel in Charleston, Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. An unforgettable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Charleston Courtyard
- Charleston Marriott