We were on our Anniversary/Christmas trip. The room had a comfortable king size bed. The room was inviting and VERY clean, even in the hidden corners (smile). The view of the marina and Ashley River through the window (patio slide door) and from our balcony was very relaxing, especially when watching sunrises or sunsets. All of the staff were well-trained, appropriately friendly and helpful (concierge-style). When Eddie (front desk) noticed that I was looking stressed (I got caught off-guard by many of the downtown restaurants closing earlier than we expected on Christmas Eve) he suggested other possibilities and comped my snacks since I didn't feel like going back out. Most importantly, his words and conversation showed that he understood and he made me laugh! I went back to my room with a smile on my face. Regarding location, be aware that there are multilane highways near the hotel and these can be seen from your room. There were no traffic sounds and it was convenient because the hotel's location had many choices of highway directions immediately accessible. To offset the difficulty of crossing the street to walk downtown, a $6 (all-day) hotel shuttle is available. You also could drive downtown where we found lots of parking places. The downtown parking cost was offset by the fact that parking at the hotel was at no added cost. If you are a person who wants to walk downstairs to be in city excitement, this is not the hotel for you. We wanted to the hotel to be quiet and out of the way and with easy access to the Charleston attractions. Regularly, we enjoyed the city and also went to one of the available islands and then returned to our quiet hotel. We will return and have already recommended this hotel to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, located just minutes from the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Unique among hotels in Charleston, guests can experience stunning views of the Ashley River while enjoying our hot breakfast options, unwinding on our beautiful terrace, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool, relaxing by our fire pit or whirlpool, or resting in their spacious guest room. Our stunning hotel is a short drive from the city's top destinations including; the shopping on King Street, the downtown market, historic plantations, and military parks. This unique hotel offers a 24 hour fitness center and a business center. Join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet. If you're looking for something quick, our waterfront Charleston hotel offers a 24-hour market with snacks, beverages, soups, sandwiches and salads. Our Charleston, SC meeting space is ideal for intimate rehearsal dinners, meetings, and social events. Experience true luxury accommodations at the top waterfront hotel in Charleston, Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. An unforgettable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Charleston Courtyard
- Charleston Marriott