I traveled to Charleston on a short business trip and spent 2 nights at the hotel. This hotel is extremely close to the downtown area. The front desk staff was exceptional. The lobby area appeared brand new as did most of the room, and all hallways. It met my normal expectations of a Courtyard.
It's clearly a rehab, and you can see it in outlet covers and light switches. The building itself is not a courtyard configuration but a water front beach style with parking underneath, a very nice large outdoor patio area, and an excellent breakfast/dinner room. They do not have the bistro concept at this facility but they do have the Marketplace adjacent to the check in desk.
Security was adequate, my room was exceptionally quiet, but I did notice when walking around the floor between the bedroom and the sink that the floor had a hollow sound. I don't know if this is a wood structure in the area of room 424, but I was a little concerned my normal walking might be disturbing someone below. The bed had a creak. I didn't report it but plan to so they can address.
The bathroom didn't have what I expect for normal courtyard surround in the shower (usually marble or similar) but it was clean & new. The tile on the floor in the bathroom was also a bit lower grade than I see in most Courtyards, but looks like you'd expect for a beach area hotel.
There was nothing that would keep me from staying here again. I was satisfied for the price, and once you have experienced the crossing an entrance ramp, exit ramp and turn lane to enter the facility and driving past it to U turn to return, it's not that big of an inconvenience though on your first approach it could be a bit concerning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, located just minutes from the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Unique among hotels in Charleston, guests can experience stunning views of the Ashley River while enjoying our hot breakfast options, unwinding on our beautiful terrace, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool, relaxing by our fire pit or whirlpool, or resting in their spacious guest room. Our stunning hotel is a short drive from the city's top destinations including; the shopping on King Street, the downtown market, historic plantations, and military parks. This unique hotel offers a 24 hour fitness center and a business center. Join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet. If you're looking for something quick, our waterfront Charleston hotel offers a 24-hour market with snacks, beverages, soups, sandwiches and salads. Our Charleston, SC meeting space is ideal for intimate rehearsal dinners, meetings, and social events. Experience true luxury accommodations at the top waterfront hotel in Charleston, Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. An unforgettable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Charleston Marriott
- Charleston Courtyard