I traveled to Charleston on a short business trip and spent 2 nights at the hotel. This hotel is extremely close to the downtown area. The front desk staff was exceptional. The lobby area appeared brand new as did most of the room, and all hallways. It met my normal expectations of a Courtyard.
It's clearly a rehab, and you can see it in outlet covers and light switches. The building itself is not a courtyard configuration but a water front beach style with parking underneath, a very nice large outdoor patio area, and an excellent breakfast/dinner room. They do not have the bistro concept at this facility but they do have the Marketplace adjacent to the check in desk.
Security was adequate, my room was exceptionally quiet, but I did notice when walking around the floor between the bedroom and the sink that the floor had a hollow sound. I don't know if this is a wood structure in the area of room 424, but I was a little concerned my normal walking might be disturbing someone below. The bed had a creak. I didn't report it but plan to so they can address.
The bathroom didn't have what I expect for normal courtyard surround in the shower (usually marble or similar) but it was clean & new. The tile on the floor in the bathroom was also a bit lower grade than I see in most Courtyards, but looks like you'd expect for a beach area hotel.
There was nothing that would keep me from staying here again. I was satisfied for the price, and once you have experienced the crossing an entrance ramp, exit ramp and turn lane to enter the facility and driving past it to U turn to return, it's not that big of an inconvenience though on your first approach it could be a bit concerning.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Marriott
- Charleston Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the only waterfront hotel in downtown Charleston, SC at the Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. Experience stunning views of the Ashley River while dining, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool or relaxing in a waterfront guest room at our downtown Charleston, SC hotel. We're just a short drive from many of Charleston's top destinations and events including the Charleston Historic District, Spoleto, Charleston Fashion Week & the annual Wine and Food Festival. Enjoy our spacious rooms, fitness center & lounge and be sure to join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet with a waffle station and eggs cooked-to-order. If you're looking for something quick, our downtown Charleston, SC hotel's new 24-hour Market features snacks, beverages, soups & homemade sandwiches and salads. Specializing in small rehearsal dinners, meetings & social events, our Mariner Room, which accommodates up to 70, sets the stage for success at this hotel in downtown Charleston ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.