Hot tub is hot and it's a tub...the water level was low all 6 days, the plaster needs to be redone on both the hot tub and the pool. The fireplace was great when it worked, which it did for 25 minutes - and that was because I was able to get it to work when working with the maintenance staff. The beds were hard and both of them squeaked. Overall the room was nice. The wireless internet access was good, speed was okay, but not enough to skype. The balconies of some of the rooms were large, but the rooms that face the bridge have a 6'x18" deck. They're not very big. The staff was very acommodating, and I'd like to call out the wait staff in the breakfast area, Louis (Maintenance), and Julian (Lobby) for outstanding customer service. The common areas are nice and the rockers and lounges out on the deck are really cool.
All this said, I would stay again, but I'd be specific in my room choice. The construction wasn't bad next door (Hilton Garden Inn). The beds are a bit too hard, and I'd be willing to explore the Holiday Inn that is close by too.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Marriott
- Charleston Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the only waterfront hotel in downtown Charleston, SC at the Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. Experience stunning views of the Ashley River while dining, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool or relaxing in a waterfront guest room at our downtown Charleston, SC hotel. We're just a short drive from many of Charleston's top destinations and events including the Charleston Historic District, Spoleto, Charleston Fashion Week & the annual Wine and Food Festival. Enjoy our spacious rooms, fitness center & lounge and be sure to join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet with a waffle station and eggs cooked-to-order. If you're looking for something quick, our downtown Charleston, SC hotel's new 24-hour Market features snacks, beverages, soups & homemade sandwiches and salads. Specializing in small rehearsal dinners, meetings & social events, our Mariner Room, which accommodates up to 70, sets the stage for success at this hotel in downtown Charleston ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.