The arrival/lobby area was hard to ascertain as you drove up. It wasn't immediately apparent that you needed to go upstairs to check in, and no one was there to indicate that.
The beds were so comfortable with all the pillows. The TV options were good. The room was clean and comfortable. Some of the lighting didn't work, and there wasn't a good way to turn on the lights as you entered the room. Loved having the refrigerator that you could put things in - I hate having those stocked refrigerators that charge you every time you bump it, so we were grateful for the plain 'fridge!
Our bathroom was bare bones - not a lot of spa-like luxury for the money spent. And the toilet paper dispenser kept coming out of the wall completely. Just one of those things...but the Paul Mitchell amenities were nice.
The balcony didn't have the best view, but it was nice, and we enjoyed being out there, or having the door open. It was odd there was no screen door though.
The elevators were a bit slow, but not horrible.
Parking was easy - right under the hotel, or right outside it. Never difficult to get a spot.
The shuttle to downtown Charleston was FANTASTIC! Inexpensive service that let you travel every half hour to downtown for shopping/food/touring. Very nice service. Less expensive than paying for parking downtown.
The breakfast buffet was good, if not a bit pricey. Lots of good selections though.
The pool looked great - wish I had the time to enjoy it!
Great location - so nice to be near a path to go running or walking. Loved the view of the marina.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Waterfront Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Marriott
- Charleston Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, located just minutes from the heart of downtown Charleston, SC. Unique among hotels in Charleston, guests can experience stunning views of the Ashley River while enjoying our hot breakfast options, unwinding on our beautiful terrace, swimming in the outdoor waterfront pool, relaxing by our fire pit or whirlpool, or resting in their spacious guest room. Our stunning hotel is a short drive from the city's top destinations including; the shopping on King Street, the downtown market, historic plantations, and military parks. This unique hotel offers a 24 hour fitness center and a business center. Join us each morning in The Ashley River Cafe for a delicious breakfast buffet. If you're looking for something quick, our waterfront Charleston hotel offers a 24-hour market with snacks, beverages, soups, sandwiches and salads. Our Charleston, SC meeting space is ideal for intimate rehearsal dinners, meetings, and social events. Experience true luxury accommodations at the top waterfront hotel in Charleston, Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. An unforgettable retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.