“Great Hotel in a Small Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colony Inn

Colony Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camden
Colony Inn
You added Colony Inn to your Saves list
2020 W Dekalb St, Camden, SC 29020   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Camden
Seattle, Washington
“Great Hotel in a Small Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel has had really bad reviews in the past. I don't understand the bad reviews and I almost passed the hotel by based on these review, that would have been a mistake. I needed a room for my parents for a week and the hotel was very accommodating. We were able to view a room and secure that room for them. The rooms are very clean as is the hotel and surrounding property. The service from the office was friendly and very prompt to delivery items requested. If you need a room right in Camden check out this hotel, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask the office staff to let you see the room before you rent it if you are unsure about the quality...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hickory, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Rooms are musty, mildew, stink, the mattress is horrible. We could not stay one night here. Management would not refund our money. We went to Comfort Suites anyway and it was one thousand times better for $10 more. Pay the difference. Called Master Card before we left the hotel and tried to dispute the charges, they said call back after the charge was posted. They drug this out for 10 days before telling us that when you give your card as payment, you are accepting the room as is. Who looks at the room before giving the card??? I'm done using my Master Card as well. I have options.

Room Tip: check out the room before paying
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

For an older establishment, the rooms were relatively clean. Microwave and refrigerator were working and very clean. The bathroom was small but was clean and functional. The hotel was located in an easy to access location but was very quiet. I felt safe arriving late from my function. Although I know that my surrounding rooms were occupied I didn't hear anything. Rooms had electronic card key and flat screen television. Nice overnight stay. I brought a room air freshener with me and placed it on the AC/Heating Unit not that there was an offensive smell but it just had that "older hotel smell". The staff was extremely friendly from check-in to check-out. I would stay there again.

Downside: It was evident that the carpet had been vacuumed but the edges were dusty as well as the coffee maker.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is an older facility but it is clean. From what I hear, that's better than other hotels in Camden. The room was fine, the only issue was that the bathroom fan didn't work. I reported it at check out so hopefully it will be fixed. The front desk people were very nice. I highly recommend the yummy breakfast place behind the hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

our room was not clean, contrary to others' experiences. We had many insects in the room. In the toilet paper roll, bathroom, lampshades. After a while I tried to stop looking. Our friends also had rooms in the same motel and they did not have bugs. Maybe our room just had not been used in a while?

• Stayed September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room was pleasant to look at, and to just plain hang out in. And roomy. The bed was large. The mattress and pillows were quite comfortable. More electrical outlets than the hotel chains will ever put in a room. A big shower but no shampoo, so bring some. As is usually the case when I'm in a hotel, I barely interacted with the staff. But when I did, they were friendly and sincere. It feels like a family-run place, so they're not just phoning it in. Great location. The WiFi can get a little slow in heavy rain, but that's not unique to Colony Inn. I really don't mind the lack of a "free continental breakfast" because it's never free and it's always crap. I suspect the restaurant associated with the hotel has some fine country cooking, but breakfast just didn't fit in with my schedule on this particular visit. The coffee maker in the room brews four cups instead of the standard one or two, which I appreciated, but a big ol' thermos in the lobby would be better because I'm a caffeine junkie. And if that's the biggest thing I can find to complain about, we're in good shape, aren't we? Oh, and the lowest price I've ever paid for my cat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's always agreeable to be able to recommend an independently-run enterprise such as the Colony Inn. The room was spacious, comfortable, tastefully decorated and well maintained. It contained the usual facilities such as microwave oven, coffee maker, small fridge and hair dryer. Some soap and a packet of filter coffee were provided (but bring your own shampoo, tea or other needs). Although the main road was not far away, it was very quiet and we were not disturbed by noise from other guests. There's a cafe on the premises for breakfast and lunches which we did not try. Many other shops and restaurants are close by.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Colony Inn? Share your experiences!