“remodeling but what a great hotel for over night” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Blythewood
Ohio
“remodeling but what a great hotel for over night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

There going though a remodel which was needed, but its great!!! Its easy off and easy on, gas up right there.
The front desk girl couldn't have been nicer. She just smiled and made you feel so welcomed. Went back out to the car and she cleaning the outside sidewalk!! with a smile on her face.
Morning breakfast was what you would expect... nothing great no fruit but a old bannana, that was a little disappointing, pancake machine down but didn't want one anyway. The girl in charge was just a mornng brightner!! She asked how your stay was and tried to chat, really no one seems to do that anymore..... I really liked this place and I've stayed many places but this one was different, just really nice people... we could complain about stupiid things but the fact is we really want people to think we are worth coming there and this hotel really makes you feel you welcomed! ....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Amit M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blythewood, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. Our remodel is scheduled to be complete in March 2013; and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again so you can experience the refreshed product. I apologize for the breakfast and I assure you that the issues will be corrected. I wish you safe travels and a happy new year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our stopping point after a late start driving from FL to NC. It's conveniently located right off the highway. Even though we arrived after 11p, parking was available. We had trouble getting our a/c to start but it eventually did and worked with no problems. The manager discounted our stay b/c of the issue (even though it really wasn't a big deal!). Staff is very pleasant, rooms are clean, breakfast is yummy (and free!). Wifi was a little spotty but good enough for an overnight stay. McDonalds is right across the street so I could grab my sweet tea before hitting the road the next morning :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I've never written a hotel review before, but I was so impressed with this Holiday Inn that I wanted to let others know how nice it was. My husband, two kids and I stopped here on our way back to Ohio from Florida. Extremely easy on/off access from rt. 77, lots of restaurant choices close by. When we arrived late in the evening we were given an upgrade to a suite since one was available and we're priority club members. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated, as was our suite. We all agreed that the beds were the most comfortable hotel beds ever, with high quality sheets, pillows and blankets. Staff was wonderful and friendly, breakfast was great, and although we couldn't use the pool due to the weather, it looked great. We've stayed at alot of Holiday Inns, this one has been the best yet!

• Stayed August 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

we stayed here for our overnight stay on july 28.2012. the staff vas very nice and the hotel location was very good and quick access beck to interstate....the breakfast was fresh and nice...
the hotel was clean and it was quiet....overall, good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Canton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on my way to Disney. I liked the location of the hotel as it was right off the interstate and had restaurants in close proximity. The staff was unbelievable! True southern hospitality. We had a problem with our first room but the problem was resolved immediately. My issue was the attention to detail with the cleanliness. Based on my career, I have an eye for certain things and what I saw is not acceptable. Spider webs and dust bunnies in the restroom, the perimeter of the floor was dusty (meaning they only vacuumed the middle of the floor), and we saw a few catepillar type bugs in our room. The room felt clean but dirty at the same time. Breakfast was good and again I loved the staff! I could probably stay here again but hope management would pay more attention to detail!

• Stayed July 2012
Malinta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Got this hotel at a great rate through one of the big travel-bidding sites (I'm sure you know the one). Clean hotel, ac unit kept the room a comfortable temperature, decent breakfast buffet (as far as microwave breakfast buffets go), and EXTREMELY helpful staff. Not much to do in the area but it was a great place to stop for the night as a family traveling from Ohio to Florida. The pool area is nothing special, but it was there and seemed well-kept.There's a Mexican restaurant right next door... didn't try it but it's convenient if nothing else. A carryout was also in walking distance. Would go back again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Enfield, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Location was good , But the room was poor ,What's the part of the room you want the cleanest ?? You know, the bathroom. alot of mold around the shower , drop celing moldy , slow sink drain , so the face shavings mix with your tooth paste foam to make a nice cocktail.. carpet in the room felt sticky in spots too.

Room Tip: stay on the first floor so you dont have to wait for the slow elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blythewood, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for the cleanliness issues and any discomfort they may have caused. As a Holiday Inn Express, we try to uphold very high standards and anything less is unacceptable. Our housekeeping department works very hard and I assure you after receiving your feedback, it will work even harder. I appreciate your feedback, it enables us to be a better hotel. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again, and I encourage you to contact me, the general manager, whenever that may be. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincereley,
GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Blythewood? Share your experiences!