“Wish they would have better service!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Wish they would have better service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have been here twice and both times I have had awful service. The food is good - both times I had chicken piccata and it was awesome. My only complaint that they need to do a better job to drain the pasta - it is always watery on the bottom and waters down the sauce. My husband had the pizza and it was good. However, the service is another issue. Both times we sat at a table on the bar side, which maybe might affect service. Both times I was there I had to ask for silverware. The bartender brought my husband's wine 15 minutes after ordering. I feel like if you are a regular, they treat you much different. The manager came around, talked to the neighbors table a lot, and totally ignored us. They do not make you feel welcome and make you feel like you would want to return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We ordered the Siciliana Pizza a few times and it was great, except for last night. It was awful!. It was worst then a frozen pizza. My husband called to see if we received the correct pizza and they said if it is square shaped then it is correct. Their explanation for it not looking correct was "I guess the dough didn't rise". There was no offer to correct the pizza. We will not be back.

Visited May 2014
“No Prosciutto...unreal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Got here for late lunch with my wife at 1:45. I'll keep this short.

Ordered two cold sandwiches; should be quick, NO. After 15 min. server told me there was no Prosciutto for my sandwich. Not happy, I asked the server "why did it take 15 min. to tell me this news?" Got a no-clue answer. Had to order another sandwich, a so-so sausage with onions and peppers. Came with a pasta salad; tasted like it came from a container, not fresh.

I can't believe this so-called Italian rest. HAD NO PROSCIUTTO; this has never, never happened to me!!!

Please, don't waste your money or time. Feel sorry for the owners; they will never make it.

Owners, please pay ATTENTION to all your bad reviews!

Rex

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Twice Is Enough!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Visited here twice in May--most recently 5/25. Food was not up to par both times. Ordered chicken florio first time. Menu says white wine, lemon and shitaki mushrooms. I asked for it over spaghetti vs. penne on side with red sauce. I often make chicken marsala and piccata at home and serve it over pasta to enjoy the sauce. Red sauce with this type of chicken preparation just does not go well.

2 pieces of chicken show up on top of spaghetti floating in water. It was devoid of mushrooms and lemon, basically had a greasy brown liquid on top of chicken. No presentation and very unappetizing.

Was stuck going back 2 nights ago as friends wanted to give it a try. I said "fool me once, shame on me". I figured this is a pizza place, order pizza. Wrong!! Ordered the margherita. Sauce was blah, not much on top except gobs of cheese and soggy crust that seemed like it was pre-made vs. fresh baked dough.

The clincher was Andrea our server. Clueless as to how to serve a meal. Had to ask for everything, often 2 or 3 times. Very unfortunate as the new owners are trying to create more of an upscale Italian atmosphere.

As some have already said in their reviews, so sorry Bad a Bings didn't make it.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Looking for Spaghetti..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have decided to locate the best place to have spaghetti in Bluffton. Is is Olive Garden? or someplace else so I ventured to this new place on Monday evening and at first I was very disappointed. The manager came over and said my sauce looked old...so he brought me some fresh sauce to put on the spaghetti. that made a lot of difference as I had asked for Catsup to jazz up my plate. The sausage were all right but I do prefer a meat sauce. They are willing to work with customers as they are just getting started. He said they could add Garlic if you want. Do not get Sam for a waitress as she doesn't know her food. The bread was not fresh! I like fresh french bread not toasted. Have the manager help you and you will have a great meal!

• 4 of 5 stars Food