“Not worth the discount” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not worth the discount”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here on a slight discount for having a Marine graduating at Parris Island... Should have paid the extra money for a nicer hotel. My check in experience was ok, went smoothly. However, the front desk clerk was dressed fairly inappropriately for a family hotel. Short off the shoulder dress with knee high boots, not in a classy way. The parking situation was horrible, and there were a number of construction crews staying here, all of them out in the parking lot drinking. My girlfriend made mention of how uncomfortable she would have been had she been alone. When we walked in, the first thing we noticed was a mildewy smell in the hallway. When we got to our room, it was fairly dirty. The bedding seemed to be clean, but there were more then a few stains on the carpet, to the point where we were not comfortable walking barefoot. The television was an old school 20 inch, that wasn't nice when it was new. The bathroom was just old and worn. The water pressure was terrible. Oh, and for some reason, they have tiny pillows on the bed, I mean half the size of a normal pillow. To top off all of this, just down the hall from our room, was a ceiling tile that had fallen down(apparently because they had water leaks) this tile was on the floor, in front of the 2nd floor storage area, and yet it sat on the floor for the entire 4 days we stayed there. Breakfast was disappointing, had to request more food to be put out as everything was empty. All in all, wish I had spent a couple more bucks for someplace nicer. We researched before we went, and this place was well below our expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
gmsc253, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
DEAR David F,

Your review of our property is very disappointing. We pride ourselves on being the number one choice for Marine Corps Families. Our management team will be looking very closely into every issue you have addressed on Tripadvisor.com. We are sorry for your experience and I can personally promise NO MARINE CORPS FAMILY WILL HAVE AN EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS AGAIN.

Charles. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I stayed here because we were having our attic re-insulated. (I am a local and my house was less than 10 minutes away). The first night we were put in a room that had the worst smell ever coming from the carpeting. I don't know what happened in that room but it couldn't have been legal. I had at least 10 air fresheners in there and it didn't help! First thing the next morning we switched rooms. The smell was better but this room was just as dirty as the last! I did not let my family take showers due to the poor conditions of the bathrooms. Who knows what was growing in the shower. To top off our stay at this nightmare of a place we did not sleep the entire time due to the noise at all hours, the walls are paper thin and you can here EVERY footstep being made. Needless to say we cut it short and came home early. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DEAR M S.

Please contact me directly so I can speak to you about your stay. I would like to refund your room due to your bad experience at our property.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area. It has been very clean and comfortable everytime we have stayed there. The breakfast is very good and there are alot of different foods to choose from.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
gmsc253, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your review of our property. We hope your trip was safe back to Indiana. Congratulations on your daughter graduating from Boot Camp. I hope if your back in South Carolina you'll come visit us again.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Comfort Suites is exactly what I needed for a stop in to visit my parents. Great location and I got a great deal. TV was nice nad the Oakatie Ale house next door is very fun and has a nice bar. Breakfast was very good. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear NCtravelToNegril,

Thank you!

Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I reserved a block of rooms for my September wedding at this Comfort Suites. We were getting married in Rose Hill Plantation, so the location was very convenient to all. My dad and I toured several hotels to make the right choice. We were looking at the hotel's appearance, the size of the rooms, overall amenities, and of course friendliness of staff. The Comfort Suites had it all for us! I loved the different room set-ups. I know a lot of our guests were glad that their king suites had a couch bed. And the queen rooms were surprisingly spacious compared to other double queen rooms I've been in!
I was immediately impressed by the general manager's professionalism and willingness to try to accomodate anything we needed. By the day of the wedding, 40 rooms total were booked at the hotel by my guests. The hotel also let us use their meeting/hospitality room throughout the weekend. It was GREAT that my guests could go there, relax, get some snacks and drinks that my aunt and mom provided, and really just get to meet each other before the wedding itself. A great ice-breaker.
The breakfast the hotel provides was very good! I personally noticed the wide variety of yogurt. Variety is always good. I know my younger guests enjoyed the waffle maker. Those that wanted to eat out also had plenty of restaurants to chose from, several within walking distance.
My husband and I decided to stay at the hotel for our wedding night. The GM upgraded us to a deluxe king suite, which was so nice. It had a great little jacuzzi, too! We had given the hotel a lot of business through our guests staying at the hotel, but actually having it shown that they appreciated it was unexpected. A lot of businesses don't show their appreciation well. We sure felt it all weeekend!
My family and I highly recommend this hotel for any purpose you intend to use it for. The rooms were high quality, the bed was very comfortable, our room and every room I saw was very spacious, and all of the staff, straight from the GM down to the front desk staff and cleaning ladies, were extremely kind and helpful. I will absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who has a need for a hotel in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area!

Room Tip: I got the chance to go into a TON of the rooms at the hotel, and every one I went in was great. The...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear HahnaHayden,

Thank you for review of our property. We pride ourselves on being one of the premiere destination hotels in the Bluffton/Hilton Head Area. Cindy Owens our Director of Sales works very hard with wedding families/groups to make sure our property is ready to give them A+ Service. Thanks for your kind comments.

North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our daughters graduation from Marine Boot camp Jan 1 - Jan 4 due to the great rate that was offered. The accommodations were excellent and the staff was great. Except for a little noise because our room was right next to the elevator, everything was fine. A lot of great restaurants were nearby and there was a 24 hour Kroger in walking distance. the breakfast was good. The staff (Nick) had coffee and muffins out by 5am for family day. I would recommended this hotel for marine graduation or just a weekend stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
gmsc253, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Difinn,

Papa Company graduate family.....thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your families reunion. We hope if you travel from Ohio in the near future, you come stay with us again. Our hotel staff appreciates the kind words, we enjoy when military families come stay with us. WE APPRECIATE YOUR DAUGHTERS SERVICE FOR OUR COUNTRY.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for the Marine Corps graduation.... because they have a great rate. However the heat and ac unit in our room did not work. It was also the noisest hotel I've ever stayed in. The walls and floors are paper thin. The bed was comfortable but hardly got to enjoy it since we could constantly hear people in the hallway, next door and walking around upstaies; the elevator also makes a horrible rumbling noise that can be heard across the entire floor - it sounds like it needs some maintenance work. If you want to pay a good rate - stay here butbe prepared not to get much rest!

• Stayed November 2012
Washington DC Senior Reviewer,
Please accept my apology for the noise this graduation. Families of the graduates tend to be very excited. We are pleased to hear our beds are comfortable. We pride ourselves on giving excellent service to guests. WE ARE VERY GRATEFUL FOR FAMILY MEMBERS SERVICE FOR OUR COUNTRY.

Been to Comfort Suites Bluffton? Share your experiences!