“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bluffton
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Comfort Suites is exactly what I needed for a stop in to visit my parents. Great location and I got a great deal. TV was nice nad the Oakatie Ale house next door is very fun and has a nice bar. Breakfast was very good. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
gmsc253, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear NCtravelToNegril,

Thank you!

Charles. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I reserved a block of rooms for my September wedding at this Comfort Suites. We were getting married in Rose Hill Plantation, so the location was very convenient to all. My dad and I toured several hotels to make the right choice. We were looking at the hotel's appearance, the size of the rooms, overall amenities, and of course friendliness of staff. The Comfort Suites had it all for us! I loved the different room set-ups. I know a lot of our guests were glad that their king suites had a couch bed. And the queen rooms were surprisingly spacious compared to other double queen rooms I've been in!
I was immediately impressed by the general manager's professionalism and willingness to try to accomodate anything we needed. By the day of the wedding, 40 rooms total were booked at the hotel by my guests. The hotel also let us use their meeting/hospitality room throughout the weekend. It was GREAT that my guests could go there, relax, get some snacks and drinks that my aunt and mom provided, and really just get to meet each other before the wedding itself. A great ice-breaker.
The breakfast the hotel provides was very good! I personally noticed the wide variety of yogurt. Variety is always good. I know my younger guests enjoyed the waffle maker. Those that wanted to eat out also had plenty of restaurants to chose from, several within walking distance.
My husband and I decided to stay at the hotel for our wedding night. The GM upgraded us to a deluxe king suite, which was so nice. It had a great little jacuzzi, too! We had given the hotel a lot of business through our guests staying at the hotel, but actually having it shown that they appreciated it was unexpected. A lot of businesses don't show their appreciation well. We sure felt it all weeekend!
My family and I highly recommend this hotel for any purpose you intend to use it for. The rooms were high quality, the bed was very comfortable, our room and every room I saw was very spacious, and all of the staff, straight from the GM down to the front desk staff and cleaning ladies, were extremely kind and helpful. I will absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who has a need for a hotel in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area!

Room Tip: I got the chance to go into a TON of the rooms at the hotel, and every one I went in was great. The...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear HahnaHayden,

Thank you for review of our property. We pride ourselves on being one of the premiere destination hotels in the Bluffton/Hilton Head Area. Cindy Owens our Director of Sales works very hard with wedding families/groups to make sure our property is ready to give them A+ Service. Thanks for your kind comments.

Charles. GM
North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our daughters graduation from Marine Boot camp Jan 1 - Jan 4 due to the great rate that was offered. The accommodations were excellent and the staff was great. Except for a little noise because our room was right next to the elevator, everything was fine. A lot of great restaurants were nearby and there was a 24 hour Kroger in walking distance. the breakfast was good. The staff (Nick) had coffee and muffins out by 5am for family day. I would recommended this hotel for marine graduation or just a weekend stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
gmsc253, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Difinn,

Papa Company graduate family.....thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your families reunion. We hope if you travel from Ohio in the near future, you come stay with us again. Our hotel staff appreciates the kind words, we enjoy when military families come stay with us. WE APPRECIATE YOUR DAUGHTERS SERVICE FOR OUR COUNTRY.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for the Marine Corps graduation.... because they have a great rate. However the heat and ac unit in our room did not work. It was also the noisest hotel I've ever stayed in. The walls and floors are paper thin. The bed was comfortable but hardly got to enjoy it since we could constantly hear people in the hallway, next door and walking around upstaies; the elevator also makes a horrible rumbling noise that can be heard across the entire floor - it sounds like it needs some maintenance work. If you want to pay a good rate - stay here butbe prepared not to get much rest!

• Stayed November 2012
Washington DC Senior Reviewer,
Please accept my apology for the noise this graduation. Families of the graduates tend to be very excited. We are pleased to hear our beds are comfortable. We pride ourselves on giving excellent service to guests. WE ARE VERY GRATEFUL FOR FAMILY MEMBERS SERVICE FOR OUR COUNTRY.
Evans, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed on the third floor, no air in the hallway - room had air but it was so noisy, I could barely sleep.Breakfast downstairs was fair , the lady was nice and helpful and did not let anything food items run out.Room was comfy and clean - I liked the area, Normally stay on Hilton Head , but went to shop @ Tanger outlets.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
gmsc253, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you Senior Reviewer for you comments, we are looking into the AC issues you have brought to our attention. We have corrected our warm hallway issues and will always continue to listen to what guests have to stay in order to improve our hotel. We hope on your next shopping trip, you stay with us again.
Riceboro, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The carpet needs cleaning or replacing. The water cooler runs constantly and the water is not really cold. The business room computer Microsoft Word is disable and watch out it will log you off I miss have a timer on it. The printer did not print in color.

You have to ring a bell to get a clerk at the front desk and sometimes that does not work or should I say get their attention.

Sometimes the front desk clerk can be seen in the lounge watching TV.

It does appear that the lady working in dining area could use some help. She is constantly on the go. Good worker!

The soap dispenser in the bathroom for the guest was not putting out soap.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
This has brought several issues to our attention and management is very clear that some things need change. Please accept our apology for your stay. We hope you give us another try in the future.
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had a very nice, clean and comfortable room. Our room had both a microwave and a mini fridge. The outdoor pool was very nice as well. Good breakfast, and located next to a strip mall, which is convenient. We would definitely stay here again. If you are going to Hilton Head, it is a bit of a drive (20 minutes or so).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel in Belfaire Towne Village. We are very lucky to be in the best location Bluffton has to offer. We are very pleased you had a great stay with us, and look forward to seeing your family soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
4.0 of 5 stars 520 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bluffton-Sun City
Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head

Been to Comfort Suites Bluffton? Share your experiences!