The Inn At Palmetto Bluff is one of those places where almost everything is perfect. We went during a very slow time, and there were very few people at the Inn. Others have given a good explanation of how peaceful it is when you enter this special property. Others have also expressed concern about how this tranquility will change during the upcoming years as more and more homes are added to this expanse of mostly empty land. Enjoy it now, before all is ruined!
We stayed in one of the cottages. It was a delight. Beds are most comfortable. There's a nice seating area right in front of fireplace. Perfect backporch (screened) overlooking May River. Staff asked what we'd like in our room refrigerator. I requested grapefruit juice and there was a large pitcher waiting for us when we checked in. Coffee pot, with lots of good coffee. Bath is amazing. Wonderul tub, great shower (with steam) of considerable size, nice dressing area. Plenty of closets and storage space. Nothing compares to waking in the mornings to the sun coming up across the river and gently filling the room. Someone mentioned late turndown service. We noted that also, but simply asked if they could provide that service while we were at dinner. That was done for the rest of our stay.
We enjoyed strolling and biking around the property. There's not an excessive amount to do, but we were happy. We biked a considerable amount one day, and saw alligators in one of the water areas. Lap pool was very nice, with perfect sitting. Little village is nice. Casual type restaurant with good food, little museum, chapel, and art gallery. See, not enough to keep you active all the time, but that's the purchase of this kind of trip. There are kayaks for those who want to be more active.
I thought dining experiences were perfect. Other's have talked about food not being quite there yet, but I thought it was very good. Service was great, with the exception of one server. Nothing really bad, he was just almost insistent that we order wine! The other superb servers made up for him! Concierge was so helpful, assisting us plan a day trip into Savannah. Front desk was helpful, friendly. In fact, all staff showed the right balance of friendliness while respecting your privacy.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Palmetto Bluff, An Auberge Hotel Bluffton
- Inn At Palmetto Bluff, An Auberge Hotel
- Hotel At Palmetto Bluff
- Resort At Palmetto Bluff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Palmetto Bluff a prestigious luxury inn with gracious South Carolina cottages and village homes located along the May River and a short drive to Savannah - 50 beautifully appointed cottages and cottage suites- South Carolina luxury vacation two, three and four bedroom home rentals - Auberge Spa at Palmetto Bluff is one of the top-rated spas in the United States - 5 locally renowned restaurants for an exquisite dining experience or a casual snack- 2 exclusive pools - Extensive activities offering including: equestrian, boat rides, kayaking and more- 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course- 2 private fitness centers, a movement studio and tennis courts- 8 stunning and intimate locations for weddings and events ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Inn at Palmetto Bluff, An Auberge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.