“Delicious & very reasonably priced!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 161 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Mexican
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious & very reasonably priced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had heard that Mi Tierrita is known for their pizza just as much as their Mexican food. We didn't have the nerve to go the pizza route and each ordered the chicken fajitas. Wow, it was a huge portion for all of $10.50 each. Delicious with very friendly service. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Visited July 2013

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Amazing Mexican Food...But Pay Cash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant in the Bluffton area! We have eaten here numerous times and have never been disappointed. I recommend starting off with either the guacamole dip or one of the cheese dips as an appetizer...both of these are far better than other Mexican restaurants.

For an entree, I recommend my absolute favorite item on the menu, the Chile Relleno - a pablano pepper stuffed with cheese and deep fried. Simply amazing! Many Mexican restaurants offer this dish - but you can tell the quality based on whether or not the seeds are properly removed, if the breading is soggy or the the quality of cheese used...all of which are amazing in Mi Tierrita's dish. Even better, you can get this with a combination meal - only $5 or $6.50 depending on which you get. The fajitas are also very delicious here. Be warned, you get a lot of meat and vegetables - have an appetite, someone with whom to share or be prepared to take home a doggy bag!

The great thing about this place is if you are eating with a group who decides to eat here and you are not a fan of Mexican food, they have pizza and subs too! Never ordered either of these, but have seen the orders of others and these look great too!

The staff are always kind, even in the face of rude clientele (witnessed this before), and are very attentive to customer needs. The only reason I did not give this place perfect stars is because when paying by debit card/credit card, I noticed on my account that they charge $1 more than what the receipt says...even when a cash tip is left. Not sure if they are passing on the cost that Visa charges for every purchase or if they do this to ensure their servers get something for a tip, but this has happened at least two times that I am aware of. So when we eat here now, I always pay cash.

Overall, delicious food, great service - but be sure to pay cash!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Good Food, Good People and Very Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Come on, everybody, how can there be just one review of this place after it's been here for a few years, and after it was so crowded the other night when we were there that it took a half hour to get a table? I just don't understand it. In any case, this pretty darn good place is located in the Food Lion shopping center directly adjacent to Sun City Hilton Head, an "active adult" Del Webb gated community right on US 278, just six miles from Exit 8 on I-95. Around 14,000 people live in Sun City and any one of them with a golf cart can ride right over here, hopefully not being run over in the process. Many do ride over, but obviously few write about it. Well, the place has a Spanish name and serves pretty darn good Mexican chow, but you can also get pizza here, too. Why not? The atmosphere inside is, well, kind of normal, with a nice bar, a well lit dining area, and a room in the back, also well lit, for special groups or for the overflow. Five of us were shown to a table in that back room and the room soon filled up. The owner of the place is usually there, working, smiling, greeting people, and taking care of his business. Two sons, I think, work there with him, and one of them was our waiter. He did a great job, particularly when it involved bringing me the proper Mexican beers to go with dinner. These people care about their customers, even if they don't know that we're going to write about them. So then came the chips and salsa. Pretty good. Then came the beers. Better yet. Then came dinner, with a mix of burritos (photo), tacos, quesadillas and a chicken fajita for me (photo). They were all good, although my fajita wasn't sizzling enough, and the few leftovers were taken home for breakfast the next day. My fajita had all of the normal components for self assembly, which worked out okay. So, Mexican food nowadays is pretty much of a commodity and it's hard to find a place that truly distinguishes itself. I guess that Mi Tierrita doesn't just with respect to the food, but when you put it all together, and include location, atmosphere, service, it ranks for me as a Very Good. We've gone there a lot and we'll be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
EAST HAMPTON, CT
“GREAT SPOT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Service and food were great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. They have plenty of seating so there was no wait. Food was fresh and well cooked.

Visited May 2013