“NO HOT WATER!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head

You added Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head to your Saves list
Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1376 Fording Island Road, US Highway 278, Bluffton, SC 29910   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Bluffton
“NO HOT WATER!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here three nights last month with no hot water for the entire time. The front desk Did not inform me of this at check in even though another guest said the entire building had been out for several days. When I complained all the would say is that the problem is being worked on but they could provide no timeframe for for it to be completed. Everyone at the desk seemed to care less about the situation even though I was not the only person complaining.

Other than this major problem the room was outdated and really showed age and wear. It could have been cleaned a lot better too. Stay here only as a last resort.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Suburban Extended Stay in Bluffton, South Carolina off of Ford Island Road

Upon driving in the hotel looks quite nice, and is a good area of town. I had just driven 22 hours and so I was ecstatic at receiving my room key and headed into the adjacent building for some much needed R & R. Upon open the security door, which was not secure but actually torn out of the security mechanism, the stench of what could only be described as urine and rotten chinese food entered my nose. This is the point where I would have cancelled my reservation IF I could have. I entered my room which was clean, and functional. For such a uppity building I was put off my the fact my refrigerator was missing a handle, the bathroom cabinet hinge was broken, and my AC unit smelled like it was burning. Day after the day the stench continued to grow, due to the fact they did not utilize any AC in the hallways of the hotel. I investigated, and found a “trash room” which contained dozens of bags of trash, sitting there in the 90 degree heat with 88% humidity. I was there 6 days, and the trash from the ‘trash room” was taken out once, my room was never cleaned. There were barking dogs in rooms on the premises, and the elevator also smelled like pee and clorox. My 8 year old son, held his breath on the way to our room...

In short, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, under any circumstances.

Room Tip: try the comfort suites down the road
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Springtown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor before I booked, and was apprehensive, the low rate reeled me in. $39.00 a night for a king size room with a kitchenette couldn't be beat. The first night we arrived after hours and were booked in a queen room. The only bad experience happened the second we opened the door to our room. This second floor room had 1, 2, and then a 3rd roach in the kitchen area. So my husband being a former exterminator, bought some roach spray from the Kroger down the road. We sprayed the nooks and crannies and never saw another roach. The next morning we were booked in the king size room on the 3rd floor, bug spray in hand, but we never had to use it. Four more nights in a clean quiet room with a flat screen tv just a few miles from Hilton Head Island for such a low price? Can't complain about anything else except the linens. Since it is extended stay, for just a few nights you have to take used towels down to the front desk and ask for replacements. One morning they told me they wouldn't have any available until 3:00. Since we weren't going to be back until after the office closed that would not work so I had to chase down the maid and ask for her to get them.

I would recommend this as a good place to stay. The staff is friendly, the pool is nice, I felt safe. I liked it!

• Stayed August 2012
Springtown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had trepidations based on reviews we saw before we left. The first night we were there the room was clean but did need some updating. We did see a couple of bugs that night. The next night we moved to another room. Not one bug of any kind over the next five days. The room was clean and well equipped. It appears they are trying to update the facilities. The staff was very nice and our stay very enjoyable. If you are looking for room service, concierge service, etc. then you will need to go elsewhere. If however you are looking for a clean, safe place to rest between trips to the beach this is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Try for the third floor. Rooms seem to be in better condition.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pineland, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I wanted to check in and get a single bed room here, but the lady said that none was available, only the rooms with double beds, and she proceeded to charge me almost $100 for the room. I was like, "Hey hey, hold up...I thought on the internet it said that it was like 60 something for a room..." She said, "Oh that's the price for a single bed, the 2 beds are more..." My thing was, she should've made me well aware of that...and PLUS...correct me if I'm wrong, but if no more single beds were available, and that's what I wanted, I feel like there should've been a discount of some sort. The lady seemed more interested in eating her lunch than helping people that wanted to check in. There was a line at the front desk and no one could find her. The only thing that made my trip great was the fact that I was with my sweetheart. If he wasn't there, I would've been totally pissed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Go to Hilton Garden Inn if it's not booked down the street. This place is sort of depressing and similarly priced as HGI. It's dated and I went to pool to work out and everyone was standing around smoking including lady who ck'd me in. Oh well it was worth a try and I didn't feel like going 5 miles further to Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2012
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

As a business traveller I look for a Clean room, ESPN, solid Wifi and good airconditioning! Found all this here in Blufton/Hilton Head and a fabulous staff! Enjoyed my stay and had the added bonus of being in a suite (a luxury for road warriors) and was able to do my food shopping nearby and was located with easy access to appointments west to Blufton and east to Hilton Head. Thanks y'all for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first is always a good rule of thumb! I have stayed here 4 times and have had a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head? Share your experiences!