“Decent Hotel with Good Rates” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Bluffton
New York
“Decent Hotel with Good Rates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I thought the hotel was a good deal for the money and enjoyed my stay there. The coin operated dryers do not work well and I ended up taking my laundry to the local laundromat in order to dry them. The hotel is very busy and there was a mass of people checking in and leaving. The noise in the hallway is hard to cope with at times but once inside the rooms, unless it is really rowdy, it is hard to hear outside. Overall, I had a nice stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We were unaware of any issues with our equipment and have alerted our maintenance team about the problem. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express for the past four years and once again had a wonderful stay. The staff at the hotel, including Brandy and Amber are very attentive, welcoming, and make me feel at home. I had informed the staff about a late arrival and they were prepared for me and made the check-in process very smooth. Upon my arrival, I noticed some significant upgrades to the hotel. The hotel looks very modern and very well light. You can tell that they continuously try to improve the quality of the hotel and it shows. As for the room, it was very clean, spacious and comfortable. I normally don't do breakfast at hotels, but was very impressed by the quality of the food and the variety. My wife and I had pancakes, sausage, toast, yogurt, fresh coffee, and eggs and everything was good. We also had a chance to take advantage of the pool, which was very well maintained. Finally, the proximity of the hotel to the great beaches in Hilton Head and to the shopping in Bluffton were excellent. It is also a short drive to Savannah as well, which is a great location as well.

Room Tip: Every room at the hotel is excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests stay is a positive experience. It is always nice to hear another person's view of our hotel as I am slightly biased. It was a pleasure to work with you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
China Grove, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is not convienently located at all. It was out dated and not real clean either. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was horrible. It was old tasting and just not good at all. I wouldn't stay here again and this sheds a poor light on holiday inn express hotels in general.

• Stayed September 2012
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay with us. . We just finished a million dollar remodel and recently received an award from Intercontential Hotel Group for our remodel work. Our breakfast offers a variety of items that try to meet all of our guests needs and that is required per Holiday Inn. Thank you again for your comments and hope that you will consider our brand in your future travels.
Parma, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have been staying at the Bluffton Holiday Inn for 6 years when we vacation a week in Hilton Head. Every year it gets better. From the Newly remodeled lobby to the free breakfast. Excellent service for the price. They also have a brochure rack that has all the things to do on vacation in Hilton Head. Also the front desk is more than happy to help you find anything in this rack. The breakfast area has been newly remodeled. You are able to get away from your room to either enjoy there big screen Tv or just sit and read. This is a must stay on your way to Hilton Head.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a wonderful Labor Day weekend in Bluffton/HH, SC. The hotel was spotless and smelled great. The check in process was very smooth and easy, Amber was very helpful and asked if we needed directions. She also was very accomodating and let us check in a little early so we could hit the beach!
Our room was very clean and crisp, I have a slight case of OCD and am not really a big fan of hotel bedding but it was clean and had a slight bleach scent which makes me happy. The maid did an excellent job!
When we came back from the beach they had freshly made chocolate chip cookies in the lobby...yummy!
We stayed two nights and loved the location, we ate dinner at the Italian place within walking distance (Gisuppe's) it was very good! There is also a grocery store near by where you can pick up any items you needed.
The last morning my husband brought me up some coffee from the breakfast buffet and a fresh cinnamon bun, it was fantastic (warm & gooey)!
We checked out and headed home. Once I started unpacking I realized I left my toiletry bag on the back of the bathroom door. I panicked because it holds all my face washes and lotions..and would cost me a ton to replace. My husband called and spoke to Chris, he was so nice and helpful! I described all the items in the bag and he told me it would be no problem to mail it back to me in Charlotte. I was shocked that they kept it and even more shocked at how sweet and patient Chris was. He told me not to worry, he would have it sent right away and charge the card we had on file. I will 100% be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Bluffton next time we visit. Thank you for the hospitality and for making our stay perfect!

Room Tip: The fourth floor was great, very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandy G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. Our staff works hard to ensure our guests are extremely happy with their stay. We look forward to hosting you all again at out hotel.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Everything was good till later on in the night when myself an my other friend who smoked wanted to relax outside were rudely interrupted by the night audit telling us to get out of the pool area so we did unhappily, next morning the breakfast was terrible, only thing I could eat was the yogurt, I have had better hospitality at days inn

• Stayed August 2012
I am sorry for your issues with our pool hours of operations. I can assure you that we try to accommodate our guest with various smoking locations around the hotel property. However, as a courtesy to our guest staying on the first floor adjacent to the pool area we have to honor the pool operation hours. I hope that you will consider our location again in the future.
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

If I can see body hairs left in various places in the bathroom(floor, sink, shower wall), why does the cleaning staff not notice and do a better job preparing the room for the next guest?

The staff was every helpful. They looked up my priority club number so I would receive credit for my stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your bathroom. I have addressed this area with our housekeeping staff and they are working extra hard to prevent this from occurring in the future. I am pleased that our front desk staff went the extra mile to ensure your priority club number was assigned to your reservation.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton? Share your experiences!