“Terrible service...” 2 of 5 stars

Description: 843-757-1999 Lowcountry Eatery
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Terrible service...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided to check out this restaurant after hearing good things from locals. We obviously were unaware that we should have told them we were local. My husband and I are both in F&B, maybe that makes us a little more critical, but we know what is expected.
After we were seated, our server brought us waters and gave us time to look over the wine list. We decided and ordered two glasses. It took almost ten minutes to get our wine. She returned with the wine and told us the specials. We ordered an appetizer (hummus) before she left for another 15 minutes. She returned to take the order for our main courses, almost 35 minutes after we were seated. My husband and I ordered our entrees (veal and flounder), after which the server asked if we wanted an appetizer or anything to start. My husband reminded her that we ordered the hummus. She said, "oh, oh yeah". She clearly didn't put the order in, because we didn't receive any food until 45 minutes after we sat down. (Still not sure why it took so long, you just scoop it and put it in a bowl) The table beside us was clearly local and the server spent most her time there. They were seated about the time we got our drinks, and managed to get both courses before we finished our first. Neither one of us ever got water refills. My husband was nice enough to give me his. We were clearly not important. I had to almost reach out and touch the server to get her attention, which I hate to do, since she never came to ask us how our entrees were. My spinach was completely raw, not sauteed in the least. When I asked for a new side and explained why, the reply was "oh, ok", as if I were bothering her. At this point my husband was almost done with his meal. When she returned with the spinach, she STILL didn't ask how anything was!! She went straight over to her friends and continued their conversation from earlier while we sat with empty waters. When she finished chatting she came over to take our plates. Get this....she actually picked up two plates, then set them right back down on our table and said, "hold on a minute, I need to hug them one more time".....and went back to the other table. My husband and I just stared at each other with our mouths wide open. My husband was furious. It was one of the rudest experiences I have ever witnessed in my life!
Needless to say, we didn't even think about ordering dessert at this point. We really just wanted to leave. We were treated like we were not worth her time. I will definitely not return and will not recommend this place to anyone I know.
Sad thing is, the food wasn't terrible, but the server, single handedly, ruined the experience, and made the food seem of little importance.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Pour Richard's mixture of flavors is really "outside the box " thinking, but was way outside our tastes. It is a fusion of (I think) southern and American and for us it did not work. We did not like our meal and probably would not go back. Service was fine, place was friendly, just no to our taste.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Best in Bluffton!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We make it a point to visit here every time we are in town. The food rivals that of any 5 star restaurant in any major city. The atmosphere is wonderful as well.

Visited June 2012
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Don't let outside fool you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Fabulous dinner with wonderful presentations! Will go back very soon!

Visited June 2012
“Great Food - Store Front Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We have eaten at Pour Richards on a number of occasions in one case with a party of 8. The food is very good, a strong European influence, with a fine selection of both meat and fish entrees. The wine list is adquate with reasonable prices. The ambiance is somewhat stark but the food more than makes up for it. If you sit at the bar you will enjoy a lively evening!

• Visited November 2011