You added Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head to your Saves list
GreenLeadersBronze level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a nice hotel if you are by yourself. It has a nice kitchen, bath and queen bed. It is a very small space for two, the bed is in an alcove with only one nightstand and only about 6 inches on the other side. It does have a recliner which is nice.

Room Tip: They only have queen rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments kisa11.

I'm pleased you thought our staff very pleasant. We have many sizes of rooms, with different bed sizes in each. It sounds like you booked our standard room with the queen bed. I'm sure if you chose to stay with us again, we can show you the many options we have in this hotel. However, since we are an extended stay hotel, our rooms are larger than your average hotel room due the length if stay most guests partake.

Have a great year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Good mattress, spotless room, staff friendly. The hotel is 8 miles off 95 and was worth the detour. It could be hard to find w/o the gps, which took me right to the door as it is not visible from the road. The location is pretty much access by car only with no services or even fast food nearby. The one bedroom suite was all one room, bed, chairs, kitchen and bath all in same room. It was clean and not smoky at all :). Window did not open to outside and window ac unit was a slight bit noisy but not big deal. But it was worth the 8 mile detour for a clean comfortable stay. One of the few ihg at the 10k rate, so I was happy with that. I left something in the room that I had to go back for and the staff was very helpful with helping me get it back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bryon C, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments, brian999! I am slightly confused, as our one bedroom suites are not a single room, but have a separate bedroom with its own television and a door between it and the living room area. It sounds like you were in one of our standard queen suites, which is the usual suite type granted to all reward stay reservations. As a Candlewood Suites property, we are an all-suite hotel, due to the fully-equip kitchens found in all rooms. There are a variety of restaurant choices in the area, as well as a Food Lion grocery store within very short distance of the hotel. To name a few nearby restaurants, the Okatie Ale House is located immediately next door to the hotel, and also Cracker Barrel and Wendy's sit just across the highway. Our front desk staff are always happy to assist with directing guests to any of the restaurant choices in Bluffton and Hilton Head. As for our windows not opening, most newer hotels cannot be built with opening windows, due to insurance regulations. It is very unfortunate for both hotel guests and those of us who operate such new hotels, but the new PTAC window units that we use in all of our suites pull fresh air in from outside to keep the atmosphere fresh in our suites and hallways. Once again, we greatly appreciate your comments. Safe travels!
Orangeburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was attending a wedding and all the other "Name Brand" hotels the bride and groom had suggested were booked. The Candlewood Suites was on their list but I had never heard of the chain before. As leery as I was, I had to have a room, so I booked a queen size room, for a rate of $69 plus taxes. This scared me - what in the world was I going to get for that little amount of money in this prime location, especially in October when everything is full because of the area being popular for both golf and destination weddings (there were four weddings staying in the hotel that weekend alone.) What I found was shocking - first excellent service at check in, next an incredibly clean property, and then the room. When they say suite, they mean full size 'fridge, granite counter tops, microwave, utensils, a good size desk and desk chair, as well as a comfy club chair and an amazingly comfortable bed. All pristinely clean and ordor free.Free Wi-Fi- which worked perfectly the first time - no issues. Every time I went through the lobby the front desk people spoke. If I had any questions, anyone was quick to help.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bryon C, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review, ACW2243! We strive to provide excellent accommodations at affordable prices and it is great to hear that you found both here at Candlewood Suites Bluffton. Candlewood Suites is a relatively new brand to the IHG/Holiday Inn family, specializing in extended-stay accommodations. I'll certainly pass your kind comments along to our staff. Thanks again and safe travels!
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was recently at this hotel for 3 nights and the experience was great. The staff was very friendly and the rooms, hotel and pool area were kept clean. The manager Bryon was always asking how everything was and if we needed anything. Just an all around great stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your comment Andrew P!

We couldn't have asked for a more glowing review, thank you so much.

Bryon is a tremendous asset and I'm glad he kept checking up on you!

We hope to see you soon.
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

location was perfect with an Ale house in the parking lot. The outdoor gas grills and pool was a great touch and fun place to hang out. Room was very clean and i'm a snob when it comes to clean rooms. Anytime the manager goes out o there way to introduce thmself and ensure the stay is going well...my impressed factor goes up even more ( Brian..i think was his name). will be back next year!

Room Tip: 1st floor was great. I never heard anyone above me and they were pretty full.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments cbshane!

I'm very pleased you found our hotel a fun place to stay and clean!

Glad you were able to meet Bryon, he's a tremendous asset to our hotel.

Look forward to seeing you next year!

Take care.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before and we were pleasantly surprised or should I say "blown away." Rooms are nicely done, bathroom is a great size, plenty of towels. Efficiency kitchen (although a full size fridge is more than efficiency in my book!) has everything you need (two circle stovetop, full size dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, utensils, plates, bowls, containers) plus some nice complimentary items, popcorn, coffee and more if you need. A convenience store on site is an added bonus, free laundry machines...we are going to make sure there's a Candlewood Suites at our destinations before we check other brand hotels. Great value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments NCMom6!

Wow, we couldn't have expected a more raving review, thank you so much.

I'm very happy you enjoyed every facet of our property and hope to see you again in the near future.

Take care!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a very pleasant experience. Hotel staff greeted us warmly each time we entered or existed the hotel. Rooms was very clean and had just about everything we needed for our stay. Bed was extremely comfortable and I had the best sleep I've had in a while. Bathroom was spotless. We were surprised at how quiet the room was. Very little hallway noise and even the air conditioner was relatively quiet by hotel standards. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments closetoretirement!

Wow we couldn't have expected a more raving review. We are very happy you found our rooms clean, comfortable, quiet and our staff courteous. I will pass this review onto our front desk and housekeeping staff. I'm sure they'll be very happy you enjoyed our hotel.

We hope to see you again in your travels.

Been to Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!