“A great stay while awaiting our USMC Grad !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Okatie Center Boulevard N, Bluffton, SC 29910   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Bluffton
Baltimore,MD
“A great stay while awaiting our USMC Grad !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

What a great place ! Firstly, we arrived early and were easily greeted by Taylor. Who quickly and graciously checked us in to our room, saw that we were not getting the USMC Family rate and quickly applied it to our room. We were given a packet of info on a list of base events to help us on our trip. Very friendly and just the type of person you want to meet after a 10hr drive !
Breakfast was decent. We were granted a quick step over the ropes around 0530 on Thursday so as not to be late for the Family Day Events. Friday breakfast was prepared early (0500) for the families heading off to graduation.
All in all a nice stay. There are always things you could use more of. This hotel was clean, friendly and close to Parris Island ! All plusses in my book.

Room Tip: Quick tip... This place is HARD TO FIND. Look for the Ashleys Furniture. It is directly behind there...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We are so proud of all of our Marine graduates and are so pleased that we are able to help make the experience a memorable one for the families. We thank your Marine for his service to our country! On a side note, unfortunately, there is a city ordinace that does not allow signs along the roadway. This is an effort to keep the area preserved, but it can be confusing if you are trying to locate a business. We truly apologize for this inconvenience! We are so pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again if you are ever in the area!

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After reading a couple of post I almost decided against staying here. But after one call to the hotel to confirm my reservations I figured I made a great choice. The pleasant attitude of the gentleman by the name of Jylyn made me feel like this was a great plce. Once I arrived I was happy with the setting in the lobby because it was neat and clean. To my surprise the Jylyn was working the front desk and was helping a family get settled in. He was very well spoken and polite. The rooms were also clean and tidy. Yes there is an out of date television but it was picture perfect. My main concern was to lay in a safe and clean environment. And that is exactly what I got. It is located between Parris Island and Hilton Head. This was also perfect since I wanted to enjoy the beaches and see my Godson graduate from the Marines. I normally stay in 3.5 to 5 star hotels. I took a chance and was happy with my choice. If I have to give one complaint it would be the towels aren't thick. But again great staff, excellent location and a clean room. What more can you ask for??

Room Tip: HIgh floor and on the end = a sound nights sleep
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Familywoman1972,

I hope all is well with you and your family in Tennessee. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to Jylyn. He is a true asset to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott and our guests! Also, congratulations to your godson on his achievements. We appreciate his service to our country and our so proud of our Parris Island graduates! We know that you must be, too!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here thinking this place would be very nice. It's ranked with other top Marriott hotels we stayed at before. Upon arrival we realized that the staff were not very pleasant. Once in the room we were completely disappointed. The tv had to be 15+ years old. An old mini fridge was blocking most of the little hallway. The a/c would not blow any cold air. I can go on and on listing cons. This hotel in no way should be ranked among the others in its class.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Jessica515,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities; in fact, I trust that you would be highly pleased with some of the inn’s upcoming improvements. We recognize that there are great properties in Bluffton and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Katie.Register@marriott.com
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice, clean , comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Bed was very comfortable , TV was an old one but adequate. Breakfast was ok,but not great. However the staff was pleasant and accomodating. Location is difficult to find especially in the dark. Use a good GPS!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sausalito, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are simple but very clean. All of the staff was helpful, but Andrew went the extra mile when we had a dead battery and spent 30 minutes with us getting it resolved. We were a little late getting to base to see our new grandson. Better late than never. Thanks Andrew.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Salesopsmaven S,

I hope all is well in California. Congratulations to you on your new addition to your family!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Andrew. He is truly an asset to the Fairfield Inn & Suites-- so much that he is our new General Manager!!!

We hope to see you and your family again in the near future. We wish you the best!

maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night before we checked into our condo for a week's stay. After being given a room next to the ice machine which was next to the elevator I asked to be moved and the front desk was very accommodating. She did let us know our room wouldn't have a microwave and fridge, but that was not important. The room also lacks much space, a flat screen TV (the hotel we stayed at in Siem Reap Cambodia had flat screen TVs), extra pillows and basic toiletries. The fitness center consists of 2 broken (ONE DANGEROUSLY so) treadmills, a stairstepper which could not be regulated and a rusted upright bike, no towels and the water dispenser was empty. Someone needs to get into that room and make it safe and functional or close it. Breakfast consists of a number of good and healthy choices, the worst coffee I have ever tried and an employee who began yanking food out from under people's hands at 9:45 when it is posted as available until 10. I couldn't stay here comfortably for 15 hours let alone 5 days.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen 726,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinionated review.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities. Just to update you, we have removed the two treadmills that you reported broken. We have ordered two new ones and are currently awaiting their arrival. We are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

To touch base with you on breakfast, we apologize for the service you received. This is not to up to our standards, and we are sorry to have let you down. I have spoken with the food and beverage manager to ensure this will not happen again.

katie.register@marriott.com
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here for five nights. Our room was nice and clean. The breakfast was great too and there was lot to choose from. The pool is on the smaller size but great for family with children. Our kids had soo much fun. The staff were very nice. Overall very nice place to stay, close to everything. For the price the service was great. We will be back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your lodging experience with other travelers. We are so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton

Address: 105 Okatie Center Boulevard N, Bluffton, SC 29910
Location: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Bluffton
#2 Family Hotel in Bluffton
#3 Business Hotel in Bluffton
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton 2.5*
Staying is believing at our newly renovated Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head/Bluffton. We promise that you will always feel right at home, enjoy service with a smile and get everything you need to make the most of your stay. Centrally located near Beaufort, Parris Island, Savannah, and legendary Hilton Head Island, you will prosper at the Fairfield Inn & Suites with our spacious and contemporary rooms. Sail through history as you discover Old Town Bluffton, a historic riverfront community offering an eclectic blend of arts, culture, and natural beauty. From a complimentary hot breakfast to free WiFi, we promise to always give you the service that will make you want to return. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Hilton Head Island Bluffton Hotel Bluffton
Fairfield Inn Bluffton
Hilton Bluffton
Fairfield Bluffton
Bluffton Fairfield Inn
Bluffton Hilton

If you own or manage Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.