“Affordable - Near Hilton Head Beaches” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Okatie Center Boulevard N, Bluffton, SC 29910   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bluffton
Aiken, South Carolina
“Affordable - Near Hilton Head Beaches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice, clean , comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Bed was very comfortable , TV was an old one but adequate. Breakfast was ok,but not great. However the staff was pleasant and accomodating. Location is difficult to find especially in the dark. Use a good GPS!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sausalito, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are simple but very clean. All of the staff was helpful, but Andrew went the extra mile when we had a dead battery and spent 30 minutes with us getting it resolved. We were a little late getting to base to see our new grandson. Better late than never. Thanks Andrew.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Salesopsmaven S,

I hope all is well in California. Congratulations to you on your new addition to your family!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Andrew. He is truly an asset to the Fairfield Inn & Suites-- so much that he is our new General Manager!!!

We hope to see you and your family again in the near future. We wish you the best!

maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night before we checked into our condo for a week's stay. After being given a room next to the ice machine which was next to the elevator I asked to be moved and the front desk was very accommodating. She did let us know our room wouldn't have a microwave and fridge, but that was not important. The room also lacks much space, a flat screen TV (the hotel we stayed at in Siem Reap Cambodia had flat screen TVs), extra pillows and basic toiletries. The fitness center consists of 2 broken (ONE DANGEROUSLY so) treadmills, a stairstepper which could not be regulated and a rusted upright bike, no towels and the water dispenser was empty. Someone needs to get into that room and make it safe and functional or close it. Breakfast consists of a number of good and healthy choices, the worst coffee I have ever tried and an employee who began yanking food out from under people's hands at 9:45 when it is posted as available until 10. I couldn't stay here comfortably for 15 hours let alone 5 days.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen 726,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinionated review.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities. Just to update you, we have removed the two treadmills that you reported broken. We have ordered two new ones and are currently awaiting their arrival. We are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

To touch base with you on breakfast, we apologize for the service you received. This is not to up to our standards, and we are sorry to have let you down. I have spoken with the food and beverage manager to ensure this will not happen again.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

katie.register@marriott.com
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here for five nights. Our room was nice and clean. The breakfast was great too and there was lot to choose from. The pool is on the smaller size but great for family with children. Our kids had soo much fun. The staff were very nice. Overall very nice place to stay, close to everything. For the price the service was great. We will be back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your lodging experience with other travelers. We are so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!
North Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Though I admit this is my least favorite Marriott concept.

The staff is great and friendly. Breakfast is adequate.

The exercise room could use some updating as the machines are old and the water was empty & no towels...

Generally the hotel feels older than it actually is.

Still, it's clean and nice & very affordable. A good value!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and we truly appreciate our guests' feedback. I have passed on your comments to the general manager to ensure that we always meet our guests' expectations. We have spoken with the staff to ensure that the fitness center is being checked multiple times a day for water and towel needs. Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again next time you are in Bluffton.
Lawrenceville GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hello All,

I have frequented this hotel several times during the years. At one point I was a guest for several months (During a Major construction project). With that being said I know the property well.

This was a leisure stay so I was able to look at the small details.

The checking in experience was great. The only thing I did not get was my greeting for being a Platinum member. We arrived extremely late and the night auditor did his best to take care of us. He offered friendly advice and a few laughs as well.

As for the room I was a little disappointed, I had prior correspondence with the hotel and I had requested extra towels and some local information. Neither of which were in the room. I did get some local information from the auditor.

The next day I met the front desk manager (this was the staff member which I had the correspondence with) I expressed my feelings and she provided us some more local information.

To the breakfast: This hotel was packed there was a graduation going on during this stay and it was a bit chaotic. There was little room to move around in the breakfast area. But the breakfast was OK.

As many comment state this hotel is of the high (Please pay attention when you come into town you might miss it) this is due to the local building code. It makes the place very nice looking but a bear if you are not sure where you are going.

The housekeeping staff did make the beds. My son was sleeping in the sofa bed and we found some chip pieces in the bed. We cleaned up but I was not too happy about that.
I recall when this hotel was going thru the renovation process and it looks like it needs it again. Perhaps this is because of the location and the volume of guest they have. The carpets and bath rooms have seen better days. In the bathroom there was a screw which secured the shower rod which was almost completely out. If I would have had my tools I would have fixed it. Every time someone took a shower I kept an eye on the shower.

The beds are firm I have slept at Marriott and at Hampton inns over the past years and this bed was too firm even for my tastes.

Additional be prepared there is only one ice machine and it is on the first floor.

The location is pretty good quiet and it is close to the beaches. By the way the beaches are great. If its your first get good directions from the locals. We found several “hidden beaches” it was fun exploring a bit.

Hopefully this information helps someone safe travels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Katie R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations during your stay. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our facilities; in fact, I trust that you would be highly pleased with some of the hotel's upcoming improvements. We recognize that there are great properties in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our facilities and amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome y’all back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

Sales Manager
Katie.Register@fowlerhospitality.com
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent one night at the Fairfield Inn in Bluffton and was pleasantly surprised. It was great. The rooms look like they were remodeled and were very clean and nice. I would highly recommend this hotel. Its about 30 minutes from Hilton Head beaches but we were ok with that. After spending the day on the beach it was nice to go back to this hotel and clean up and relax. The front desk was nice and helpful. I asked where she would recommend we could go to dinner and she recommended the Okatie Ale House. We went there and were so happy with that choice too. And there is a great ice cream parlor next to that restaurant and it was fantastic. This was all just a few blocks from the hotel. So I do highly recommend this hotel. I have stayed at 5 star hotels and crappy hotels and for the area this is 4 star. The carpets were clean and the bed and linens were soft and comfortable. And we had breakfast the next morning and it was great too. Sausage, eggs, bagels, muffins, waffles, juices, yogurt, some fruit, coffee, milk and cereal. For the price, I can't complain.

Room Tip: I was in room 122. Just a standard room with 2 beds (sort of small for 2 people).