“Great Pies, Friendly Staff !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Colborne
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Farms, Amusement Parks
Oshawa, Canada
“Great Pies, Friendly Staff !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have been travelling for over 10 years every Summer on the 401 East but this was the first year that we ever stopped at the Big Apple. Yesterday was our third time here since the beginning of the Summer and each time we really enjoyed our visit.
Apple bread was great and the pies were better and better with each visit! The last time we ended up buying 4 pies for friends as well and they were excellent!. Staff was also great and a happy atmosphere. We had lunch(sandwiches and a yogurt parfait)which was also a good value for our money.Washrooms were pretty clean considering that they just had 4 bus load of people at the same time with us.We will be definitely back again next Summer !

Oshawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“The Big Apple-whats going on???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

After many, many years of using this as a meeting spot, A Sunday drive distination and aplace to bring first my niece and nephew when they were younger and now my own daughter who is almost 5,, And a place to stop for apple pie to bring as a gift to friends. (last year I brought a visiting friend from New York city-she bought 12 pies to bring back with her)
What has happened to this place-no attractions open, big apple looking abit run down, no bunnies
Worst of all-the apple pie I paid for-what the very worst I have had in history-very thick sliced apples-too think to cook in the pie shell, plus the pie shell was all fallen apart and barely there on the bottom -honestly I am not a complainer of much-but this was a real dissapointment! I brought one home for my parents-and my mom was embarassed to tell me at first how awful it was-until I mentioned it myself!

Brockville, Canada
54 attraction reviews
“Pricey but Tasty!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I enjoy having a piece of warm apple crumble pie and ice cream everytime we travel across the province, which is at least 3X a year. We get to stretch our legs, climb the "Big Apple" and then fatten ourselves up! We are sure that kids would like the petting zoo and amusement park. Just a bit of a change from going to Timmy's along Hwy 401.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“good improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Happened to pass by on my way to Ottawa and picked up some pies. There is a good improvement in the pies after a long time. Tasted wonderful, just like my mum's. I would recommend this place to anyone.

33 attraction reviews
“Go to Tim Horton's instead”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

There is a Tim Horton's close by. Much better food and less of a crowd for the bathroom. The apple pies at the Big Apple are bland, as are the fritters. It's one of those awful road side attractions that you stop at once and then convince your friends to go just so you can all have a laugh together. The only plus is that it is free to climb up to the top of the apple.